Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus commute from Mount Oval to city centre

Options
  • 08-01-2017 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all

I am moving from Dublin to Mount Oval in Rochestown shortly. I will be travelling by bus from here to the city centre Monday to Fridays. My work hours are 9 to 5.

From previously posted threads and online in general I understand there are two bus options. The 223 which runs from the bottom of Clarkes Hill to town and the 216 which runs from Monfield Estate to town.

I have some questions below I would really appreciate some help with. Particularly for anyone who uses these services or has used same during peak traffic.

Questions:
    If I aim to get the 7.25am 216 bus from Monfield Estate will I get on the bus firstly and secondly what time would I arrive in town?

If I get the 7.43am 223 bus from the bottom of Clarkes Hill will I get on the bus firstly and what time would I get to town?

If I get a bus home from town at 5.30pm on either route will I get on the bus firstly and what time should I expect to get back to mount oval?

If anyone has any advice as to how best to manage the commute, I would be delighted to hear them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Hi all

I am moving from Dublin to Mount Oval in Rochestown shortly. I will be travelling by bus from here to the city centre Monday to Fridays. My work hours are 9 to 5.

From previously posted threads and online in general I understand there are two bus options. The 223 which runs from the bottom of Clarkes Hill to town and the 216 which runs from Monfield Estate to town.

I have some questions below I would really appreciate some help with. Particularly for anyone who uses these services or has used same during peak traffic.

Questions:
    If I aim to get the 7.25am 216 bus from Monfield Estate will I get on the bus firstly and secondly what time would I arrive in town?

If I get the 7.43am 223 bus from the bottom of Clarkes Hill will I get on the bus firstly and what time would I get to town?

If I get a bus home from town at 5.30pm on either route will I get on the bus firstly and what time should I expect to get back to mount oval?

If anyone has any advice as to how best to manage the commute, I would be delighted to hear them.

Not too sure on those specific buses (ie. those times) but in general this might help. I drive my commute but I do use those routes occasionally in the evenings. The first thing to note is that real time information is nearly always accurate for the 216, but is just a timetable for the 223. This is relevant because the 223 often comes "early" in my experience, in the order of 5-10 minutes and you won't be able to tell this from the "Real Time Ireland" app. For the 216, it will be able to tell you if it's early/late most of the time. The 223 is a shorter journey so should be faster, provided it's not much of a walk further than the 216.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Former Dublin BlowIns

Adro947 wrote: »
    Not too sure on those specific buses (ie. those times) but in general this might help. I drive my commute but I do use those routes occasionally in the evenings. The first thing to note is that real time information is nearly always accurate for the 216, but is just a timetable for the 223. This is relevant because the 223 often comes "early" in my experience, in the order of 5-10 minutes and you won't be able to tell this from the "Real Time Ireland" app. For the 216, it will be able to tell you if it's early/late most of the time. The 223 is a shorter journey so should be faster, provided it's not much of a walk further than the 216.

Thanks Adro. That is useful to know in terms of planning. Anyone else any experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

You'll definitely get on the buses anyway. Sometimes people may have to stand. I can only speak for the 216 but the 7.25 one misses the worst of the traffic in the morning so gets in about 8. The 5.30 one back will take a bit longer but should be in Mount Oval around 6.10 i reckon. Depends on the traffic though.

Advertisement