Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monasterevin move!

Options
  • 08-01-2017 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello

Moving to monasterevin soon with my wife! Are there good pubs/restaurants/take aways? What is there to see/do also?? In general how is life in m'vin?

Also big craft beer fan, any pubs serving any? Or decent off license? I know the SuperValu has ok range... any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Hi

I don't live in Monasterevin but considered a move there last year.

I asked a colleague who lives there about it and he sent me on the below:

In terms of social stuff to do it’s more based around GAA and pub life. Much more of a traditional small Irish town than most others in Kildare. Shopping facilities are quite limited in that it has a Supervalu but no Lidl or Aldi yet so you’re kind of restricted that way. Great people though! Also, a class new Gym has just opened there.

It does have the railway coming through which can be really handy and it’s just off the motorway so it’s quite well placed.

In terms of places to eat out at night it is poor. There’s a couple of chippers and a Chinese but that’s it.

I think my colleague goes out to eat in Kildare town rather than locally.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

From visiting there Ron's restaurant in the town is quite good. Luigi's is also a typical Italian chipper.

Mooneys pub is nice

Moore Abbey woods is a nice place to go for a walk or you can walk along by the canalside.

You're very close to Kildare town and also Kildare Village outlet

If you want to go out and have a few drinks you have the option of Dublin coaches green bus which runs an hourly service through Monasterevin.

It's currently only €1 to travel anywhere within Kildare or €5 to go to Portlaoise.
    So whilst you mightn't have loads of choice locally you could travel to Kildare town, Newbridge, Naas or Portlaoise for a night out.

Advertisement