Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway - bring your own sheets in hospital bag?

Options
  • 08-01-2017 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if this is really necessary? Surely they provide sheets and blankets for the babies? Can anyone who has been in Galway hospital confirm this?

Sheets and blankets are on the list that's provided in my chart, but they also list that you need either a phone card or change for the payphone, so it's hard to take them seriously! God knows when the list was written.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I'm just wondering if this is really necessary? Surely they provide sheets and blankets for the babies? Can anyone who has been in Galway hospital confirm this?

Sheets and blankets are on the list that's provided in my chart, but they also list that you need either a phone card or change for the payphone, so it's hard to take them seriously! God knows when the list was written.

Thanks

Blankets are not supplied in Galway. Had my last baby in August last so not that long ago. I never brought sheets and they were supplied or a pillowcase was on the cot.
    At the antenatal classes they provide another list. I don't think it includes sheets but it defo requires you to pack blankets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Yeah, sheets in cot are provided, no blankets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,521 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There's a train of thought that you should use a blanket that you have used on yourself as it helps the baby bond to you and soothes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I can't believe I never heard that before. It makes so much sense. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

ted1 wrote: »
    There's a train of thought that you should use a blanket that you have used on yourself as it helps the baby bond to you and soothes them.

The midwives in my local hospital encouraged me to use a nightdress I'd already worn as a 'sheet' over the babies mattress - they reckoned the baby then thinks you're there and sleeps better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement