Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City much higher than everywhere else

Options
  • 08-01-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm open for correction on this quick study I've done through the Liberty Insurance Website, but I believe the data is correct.

I was looking for a quote for my 1.3L Toyota Yaris (2006), and decided to record data for each of the counties by changing my address.

Limerick (County and City) appears to be much more heavily weighted than nearly anywhere else in the country. How can this be justified? I have a separate set of data for all the regions in Dublin City D1-24 (Average €702)  and Dublin County (Average €707.5). No major jump between city and county there. Highest in Dublin is D11 (Ballymun) at €850.

Is Limerick City and County an Insurance claim black spot for some reason? I haven't heard this discussed before.

Insurance_zps8pzmcgby.jpg

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Hello,

I'm open for correction on this quick study I've done through the Liberty Insurance Website, but I believe the data is correct.

I was looking for a quote for my 1.3L Toyota Yaris (2006), and decided to record data for each of the counties by changing my address.

Limerick (County and City) appears to be much more heavily weighted than nearly anywhere else in the country. How can this be justified? I have a separate set of data for all the regions in Dublin City D1-24 (Average €702)  and Dublin County (Average €707.5). No major jump between city and county there. Highest in Dublin is D11 (Ballymun) at €850.

Is Limerick City and County an Insurance claim black spot for some reason? I haven't heard this discussed before.

Insurance_zps8pzmcgby.jpg
    Hi Landoflemon,
    Our prices are based on analysis of the claims experience across a number of factors including the area where the vehicle is kept. Generally the higher the frequency of accidents and claims within an area then the higher the rates.
    These statistics are regularly reviewed and depending on the frequency of accidents and claims the rates can decrease as well as increase.
    Thanks
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Hi Landoflemon,
    Our prices are based on analysis of the claims experience across a number of factors including the area where the vehicle is kept. Generally the higher the frequency of accidents and claims within an area then the higher the rates.
    These statistics are regularly reviewed and depending on the frequency of accidents and claims the rates can decrease as well as increase.
    Thanks
    Una

Your statistics show that limerick is a more dangerous location to drive and own a car than others. Yes?

Advertisement