Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog grooming please give me your thoughts.

Options
  • 08-01-2017 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi.I trained as a dog groomer.I work in what can only be described as a hole.I really want to work for myself.
    I have a shed out my back garden and my parents where ok with me bringing in the odd dog here and there to practise one.I saved up and bought a load of equipment.
    I really need to get out of where I am.I'm wondering could I set up officially from.home?
    What do I need??
    I just feel like I'm rolling down a hill and getting no where. I'M 20.
    I'm. A.really good dog groomer.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You could start by advertising on supermarket community boards or the like. Design yourself a flyer, maybe with some good photos of your "best work".

Customers and testimonials will give you credibility. Put them on your website - which you will need. EVERY business needs a website, even if it's just for contact and location details. (Get someone else to proofread it - your punctuation doesn't exactly inspire.)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Cocogaff wrote: »
    Hi.I trained as a dog groomer.I work in what can only be described as a hole.I really want to work for myself.
    I have a shed out my back garden and my parents where ok with me bringing in the odd dog here and there to practise one.I saved up and bought a load of equipment.
    I really need to get out of where I am.I'm wondering could I set up officially from.home?
    What do I need??
    I just feel like I'm rolling down a hill and getting no where. I'M 20.
    I'm. A.really good dog groomer.

1. You will probably need planning permission if you are going to run a business behind your parents house;
    2. Your confident in your ability thats half the battle do your research and I believe you'll succeed;
    3. You are going to open up behind your parents house but research into going "mobile"-keep ALL options open; research and then decide i.e. is there another take on the dog grooming industry that hasn't been done
    4-set up BASIC website/facebook page etc;
    5-As you get your satisfied customers ensure you get recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cocogaff

size5 wrote: »
    1. You will probably need planning permission if you are going to run a business behind your parents house;
    2. Your confident in your ability thats half the battle do your research and I believe you'll succeed;
    3. You are going to open up behind your parents house but research into going "mobile"-keep ALL options open; research and then decide i.e. is there another take on the dog grooming industry that hasn't been done
    4-set up BASIC website/facebook page etc;
    5-As you get your satisfied customers ensure you get recommendations
    Thank you for your help.x

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

You'll also need industry-specific insurance, and to check that it doesn't affect your parent's home insurance to have people on the property for business activities regularly.

Advertisement