Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossdresser Friendly Salons in Dublin

Options
  • 08-01-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to arrange a couple of makeovers for the end of Jan/early Feb. I'm a male to female crossdresser who would like to arrive as a man and leave as a woman.
    I've mailed a couple of places but got no reply. Does anybody know any crossdresser friendly places (or if you are one yourself let me know). Basically I'd arrive as a guy but have female clothes underneath. I'd slip off my male clothes so I'd be in female clothes and heels for the makeover. Then at the end I'd put on my wig and head out to some girly shopping! I did it once before in a private room of a salon (but I didn't go out afterwards).
    Is this a good idea or too strange?
    Thanks for all advice and comment.
    H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I own a salon and to be honest if I got a mail like that I'd ignore it too.
    I would recommend not making a big deal out of it. Arrive in your clothes, book in for your treatment, pay and leave. I wouldn't care if a man came in asking for nails and makeup, I'd do it and get out with it but I would have a problem the client expecting a big performance. Chances are they don't care where you are go after you leave. Book the treatment and leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What exactly are you looking for OP? A makeup application and a room to get changed in / put your wig on?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

Thanks Lexie. No not looking for a any drama, just don't want to freak anyone out so would like to advise beforehand that I'd be dressed as a woman for the makeover!

Thanks Ginger, that's it exactly although I could have female clothes on underneath and just slip male clothes off possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

ITS nobodies business. Book in, pay, leave.

• Advertisement

I know that's the way it should be but I'd rather a salon knows the score beforehand in case they don't like the idea of a guy in a dress and heels affecting their image! Is your salon in Dublin?

I managed to book a salon! Thanks for you comments ladies!

Advertisement