Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying good samaritans

Options
  • 08-01-2017 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Bit of a long shot.... I had a bad cycling accident on Jan 1st on road between Naul and Oldtown in North County Dublin. A couple of drivers came to my aid, the first driver to stop (young lady) called an ambulance and another driver also covered me with a warm coat until the paramedics arrived. I have no idea who the good samaritans were but i would like an opportunity to thank them. If you happen to be that person, or know how i might reach them... please send me a PM :-) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Try posting it in the North County Dublin thread you may have better luck there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BilyBalloobas

Thanks. Im posting in a few places, but didn't realise there was a north county dublin forum, good advice thanks.... ill post there now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Thanks. Im posting in a few places, but didn't realise there was a north county dublin forum, good advice thanks.... ill post there now :-)

Could always call Joe tomorrow and say thanks on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Did you try the Gardai?

I was in a similar situation a few years ago and the Gardai provided me with the name and contact details of a man who came to my aid.

(In saying that, the Gardai were at the scene and took his name as he was a witness - it may be different in your case).

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

koutoubia wrote: »
    Try posting it in the North County Dublin thread you may have better luck there!
    I actually found someone on this forum after one of my accidents (a number of years ago) - their comment was (think you'll enjoy this koutoubia!):
    I think I witnessed this. I was driving the inside lane probably 600-700 meters behind you. It happened about half way between the Topaz and the M1 roundabout.

What I thought I had first seen was a plastic bin bag being blown in a breeze after a car.
    Then about 3-5 cars in the traffic pulled into the hard shoulder, and a number of people got out.
    By the time I reached the site of the accident I could see you lying on the ground, trying to sit up, with blood running down your face.
    :pac:

One of my "Good Samaritans" was looking after my bike, so I certainly had an interest in finding him!!

Having said that I didn't post in the DCN forum and agree the OP will have a better chance there

OP, hope you're OK now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I think I cycled past the scene - saw the paramedics, gardai, fire tender, etc but couldn't see anything else. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Beasty wrote: »
    after one of my accidents
    Thats the bit that gets me.I reckon you have had more but just dont remember them heee heee!

On a weird conincedence (sp?) the person who brought me home from my accident was a Boardsie as well. They were related to the person who tried to cruelly run me over!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

koutoubia wrote: »
    Thats the bit that gets me.I reckon you have had more but just dont remember them heee heee!
    Even if I don't remember the fine detail my memory is pretty good when it comes to the headlines, and I reckon 4 accidents in over 50 years is not bad going....

(even if 3 of them were over a 5 year period)

Advertisement