If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG UE49KS7000

Options
  • 08-01-2017 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I really like the screen on this but I've no interest in the smart tv (apps, voice control, connected to internet etc.) side. Is there an LG/Samsung model that has a comparable quality screen but doesn't have all the bells and whistles or does this kind of screen quality only come on premium brands that have all that?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

sin0city wrote: »
    Hi there,

I really like the screen on this but I've no interest in the smart tv (apps, voice control, connected to internet etc.) side. Is there an LG/Samsung model that has a comparable quality screen but doesn't have all the bells and whistles or does this kind of screen quality only come on premium brands that have all that?
    Hey Sin0City.

In my opinion the only screens better than the Quantum dot range from Samsung are the LG OLED starting at 55" and priced at £1749.00

The KS7000 range has been so popular that stock is like hens teeth at the moment. The 49KS7000 is currently priced at £849.00 with £6.99 shipping and a small amount available.

Unfortunately most if not all high spec screens come full loaded with smart features as standard.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Okay, so I understand the screen isn't going to be as good but what would you say is the best non-smart tv you have in stock?
    49 - 55 inches.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

sin0city wrote: »
    Okay, so I understand the screen isn't going to be as good but what would you say is the best non-smart tv you have in stock?
    49 - 55 inches.
    Hi sin0city.

After checking there are no non smart TV's in the 49 - 55 inch range.

The non smart screens are a 32" Hisense and a 40" Hisense. There is a 32" Samsung priced at £249.00 (In-store only) and a 40" Samsung priced at £349.00 (In-store only).
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40k5100/sams-ue40k5100

You don't ever have to use the smart features on a TV if it has them. You can just opt out of setting it up and not connect it to your internet.

There are very few TV's  without smart features. Its just the nature of the times unfortunately.

Let me know what you think.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.