Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike suggestions ?

Options
  • 08-01-2017 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a bike mainly for commuting to work, 15k a day round trip. I'm looking for something lightweight and fast but that can take a full set of mudguards and a back carrier. At the moment I'm thinking of a Giant Rapid 2. It seems though that most bike shops nowadays don't have many different makes, ie one shop will stock only Giant, another Cube, another only Trek, etc. So its hard to compare across brands without visiting a load of shops. So any opinions ? Is a Giant Rapid 2 reasonably priced or would you get a similar spec bike from one of the other manufacturers for less, what is the equivalent of a Giant Rapid 2 from
    Cube ?
    Trek ?
    Any other brand I should consider ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Another genesis (and in more sizes than above bike, which is a beauty) https://www.evanscycles.com/en-ie/genesis-cda-10-2016-adventure-road-bike-EV258260

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Usjes wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a bike mainly for commuting to work, 15k a day round trip. I'm looking for something lightweight and fast but that can take a full set of mudguards and a back carrier. At the moment I'm thinking of a Giant Rapid 2. It seems though that most bike shops nowadays don't have many different makes, ie one shop will stock only Giant, another Cube, another only Trek, etc. So its hard to compare across brands without visiting a load of shops. So any opinions ? Is a Giant Rapid 2 reasonably priced or would you get a similar spec bike from one of the other manufacturers for less, what is the equivalent of a Giant Rapid 2 from
    Cube ?
    Trek ?
    Any other brand I should consider ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Its the person on a bike that makes it fast!
    At the limit of the C2W scheme (1000euro) there will be little difference in the different manufacturers models at their standard rrp. So just look for the best deal possible in your price range and buy the one you like the most. Its as simple as that imho.
    The cube or trek equiv of a giant rapid 2 will be very,very similar. Again go for the best spec and/or the one you like the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Junior

I'd look at the Boardman CX bike you can get from Halfords as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Usjes wrote: »
    15k a day round trip
    That's me, pretty much. I've had a Giant Rapid 2 for a year now and absolutely love it. Great for longer spins too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement