Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C Cleaner on Windows 10

Options
  • 08-01-2017 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Recently Windows 10 displays: "This program is not compatible with the current version of Windows 10" or words to that effect, in relation to Ccleaner. It had worked up to a short while ago. Short of downgrading to 7, is there a way of getting the cleaner to work on Windows 10?. Does ES File Manager have the same feature and if so is it as effective?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Strange,

it works fine for me on Win10, no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

ttenneb wrote: »
    Recently Windows 10 displays: "This program is not compatible with the current version of Windows 10" or words to that effect, in relation to Ccleaner. It had worked up to a short while ago. Short of downgrading to 7, is there a way of getting the cleaner to work on Windows 10?. Does ES File Manager have the same feature and if so is it as effective?

Try un installing Ccleaner and then reinstalling the most up to date version from Piriform. This worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

works fine for me too on w10

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Mac B wrote: »
    Try un installing Ccleaner and then reinstalling the most up to date version from Piriform. This worked for me.

this is what i had to do and it works fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,456 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Noticed that message as well, haven't used program in a while but I'd be surprised if it didn't work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

ES File Manager is available on Windows 10?

ES File Manager is available on Windows 10?

This is open to correction by someone more knowledgeable than me, my understanding of ES File manager is that's for Android (tablet, phone, etc) . It can be used on the Android device to access files on a Windows 10 pc over the same network.

This issue with Ccleaner compatibility with windows 10 should easily be solved by upgrading Ccleaner to the most recent version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This is open to correction by someone more knowledgeable than me, my understanding of ES File manager is that's for Android (tablet, phone, etc) . It can be used on the Android device to access files on a Windows 10 pc over the same network.

This issue with Ccleaner compatibility with windows 10 should easily be solved by upgrading Ccleaner to the most recent version.

That was my thinking too, which is why I thought it'd be weird for someone to use it as a utility tool for Windows.

That was my thinking too, which is why I thought it'd be weird for someone to use it as a utility tool for Windows.

Sorry I misunderstood I thought you were asking about it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

This is what I eventually did and it's working fine now. Thanks.

• Advertisement

ttenneb wrote: »
    This is what I eventually did and it's working fine now. Thanks.

Good to hear you got it sorted

Advertisement