Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rant

Options
  • 09-01-2017 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

In a very bad mood and just want to rant so I'm just gonna do it here idc.

Was booking a holiday with 2 friends. At the start, friend 1 was ecstatic to go, friend 2 wasn't as keen, but nonetheless he still said he wanted to go, however we need to get it as cheap as possible. That's fine, I get that people don't have a lot of money, but since he said he'd go I automatically assumed it would be fine because nobody would agree to going away if they couldn't fund it.

So yay! I got really excited as I've had a very stressful few months and I was dying to get away as nobody else really wanted to (that's fine), so when my two friends agreed I got excited.

I searched flights two weeks ago that were very cheap, and since Friend 2 wanted to get it as cheap as possible, i let him know. When I told him he wouldn't really engage in conversation about it. I told him I'd book them to take the stress out of it for him. Myself and Friend 1 had the money, but was waiting for friend 2. I told him if he didn't give it soon the flights might go up and I didn't want him to have to pay more than he had to. I told him one final time (and apologised if I was annoying him about it) if he could bring the money out with him tomorrow as we would see each other. At this point he just became a d*ck.

He said he didn't want to bring too much money out with him (€70) and that it's tough and that me and friend 1 would have to wait. At that point I was like alright f*ck you I can afford to pay more for my flights but you can't do do what you want.

I've just received a text from him saying "Ugh might just bottle it tbh save the money".

That's his choice and it's fine, but I would have much preferred if he had said it before me and friend 1 got really excited about it, and also bothered to research flights and accommodation. Not even a "sorry".

I'm just really disappointed at the moment so if this doesn't make sense to you just ignore it, just had to rant.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And don't get me started on RAID feckin' 3

just use a big mirror

/RANT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Sounds like a right lazy git..I wouldnt even reply to text tbh. I know its easy for posters on online forums who don't know your situation to say bold things like oh drop his as a friend or whatever which is usually not realistic but I woukdnt speak to him for a good while. Id let him know I was pissed til he atleast gives you the respect to say sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

You and the other person still not just go? Someone else might join in time.

And don't even ask that person about trips away again BTW..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    In a very bad mood and just want to rant so I'm just gonna do it here idc.

Was booking a holiday with 2 friends. At the start, friend 1 was ecstatic to go, friend 2 wasn't as keen, but nonetheless he still said he wanted to go, however we need to get it as cheap as possible. That's fine, I get that people don't have a lot of money, but since he said he'd go I automatically assumed it would be fine because nobody would agree to going away if they couldn't fund it.

So yay! I got really excited as I've had a very stressful few months and I was dying to get away as nobody else really wanted to (that's fine), so when my two friends agreed I got excited.

I searched flights two weeks ago that were very cheap, and since Friend 2 wanted to get it as cheap as possible, i let him know. When I told him he wouldn't really engage in conversation about it. I told him I'd book them to take the stress out of it for him. Myself and Friend 1 had the money, but was waiting for friend 2. I told him if he didn't give it soon the flights might go up and I didn't want him to have to pay more than he had to. I told him one final time (and apologised if I was annoying him about it) if he could bring the money out with him tomorrow as we would see each other. At this point he just became a d*ck.

He said he didn't want to bring too much money out with him (€70) and that it's tough and that me and friend 1 would have to wait. At that point I was like alright f*ck you I can afford to pay more for my flights but you can't do do what you want.

I've just received a text from him saying "Ugh might just bottle it tbh save the money".

That's his choice and it's fine, but I would have much preferred if he had said it before me and friend 1 got really excited about it, and also bothered to research flights and accommodation. Not even a "sorry".

I'm just really disappointed at the moment so if this doesn't make sense to you just ignore it, just had to rant.

Sorry for your loss of excitement. I hope u can overcome this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Damn you, 2017. :mad:

Be brave, op. It will get betta, Hun. 🍀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

Ye sound like a bunch of girls

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Are you still going on the holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

that's life unfortunately.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

I ate a pizza and I have indigestion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

TallGlass wrote: »

From what I understand he's disappointed he won't get to have a threesum on holiday with his mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Just sent back "right" and I'm gonna ignore him for a while :/ thanks for the support guys x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Go on the holiday OP and send daily pics to your mate of how great a time you're having.

Unless he's actually having a rough time. Cos that would be mean

But yay, holiday!

TallGlass wrote: »

I wouldn't go away alone with this guy, sometimes he can be a lot to handle when he's had a few and I don't know if I could bear it alone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I can't sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

From what I understand he's disappointed he won't get to have a threesum on holiday with his mates.
    I wouldn't go away alone with this guy, sometimes he can be a lot to handle when he's had a few and I don't know if I could bear it alone :D

Oh, matron!

I can't sleep

Same tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

He never had any intention of going.
    Anyway he sounds like "ye head off, i'll just stay in the apartment and read. Try not to be late."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I've run out of bog roll. This year is terrible already

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I go away on holidays alone and have a great time, I know the people I could ask would say 'no' that they couldn't afford it and the rest have their own families.
    If you are fine with your own company, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I go away on holidays alone and have a great time, I know the people I could ask would say 'no' that they couldn't afford it and the rest have their own families.
    If you are fine with your own company, it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Possibly something to consider! Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

He never had any intention of going.
    Anyway he sounds like "ye head off, i'll just stay in the apartment and read. Try not to be late."

Maybe he is broke. It happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

What in the fuck is this bollocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Shooter McGavin blew a 4 stroke lead to give Happy Gilmore the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

El Weirdo wrote: »
    What in the fuck is this bollocks?

OP took a wrong turn, he thinks this is Facebook

Advertisement