Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAT 1

Options
  • 09-01-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Anyone who what the story is with regards getting into CAT 1? I met two of the qualifications criteria last year to get in (Top 20 Sprint Nat champs and Top 20 Overall Nat Series) and was looking forward to do getting hammered in the super series this year but hadn't heard anything from TI in regards it up to Christmas so dropped them an email the week before Christmas, no response.....

Then signed up for my membership hoping to hear, still nothing and put through a CAT 1 application on the TI site but no response on that either. Anyone in a similar situation or know if gone too late for getting in by now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I'd say it was just the Christmas break Boysinblack. Lot of places weren't back fully working until today so I'd have a guess that that's the reason for the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

joey100 wrote: »
    I'd say it was just the Christmas break Boysinblack. Lot of places weren't back fully working until today so I'd have a guess that that's the reason for the delay.

Probably right but I emailed them a few weeks before christmas and there offices where back open on the 3rd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

HI Richard,

Thank you for your email. Please see below with regard to selection criteria for becoming a Cat1 athlete. You can apply through your membership account by supplying race results in event which you have completed in. We will be looking for you to complete a sprint event on or under 1.08.20 and a standard event on or under 2.23.03

Otherwise please see selection criteria below.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

1. SELECTION CRITERIA

Criteria
    Male Placing
    Female Placing
    2014/15 Sprint National Championships
    Top 20
    Top 20
    2014/15 Standard National Championships
    2014 Vodafone National Series Overall
    2015 Vodafone National Series Overall
    Assessed Applications

Selected National Federation Programme Athletes

RJM85 wrote: »
    HI Richard,

Thank you for your email. Please see below with regard to selection criteria for becoming a Cat1 athlete. You can apply through your membership account by supplying race results in event which you have completed in. We will be looking for you to complete a sprint event on or under 1.08.20 and a standard event on or under 2.23.03

Otherwise please see selection criteria below.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

1. SELECTION CRITERIA

Criteria
    Male Placing
    Female Placing
    2014/15 Sprint National Championships
    Top 20
    Top 20
    2014/15 Standard National Championships
    2014 Vodafone National Series Overall
    2015 Vodafone National Series Overall
    Assessed Applications

Selected National Federation Programme Athletes

I met two of then criterias and applied via my account. My ti card for the year came today anyways and it's not gold so musnt have got in!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

I met two of then criterias and applied via my account. My ti card for the year came today anyways and it's not gold so musnt have got in!

I'd say they are just in shock someone is applying to get in of their own free will. Most people boarder line would probably opt to stay out of it and try do something in their age group. Fair play though, just ring them, they usually answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i guess it asks for 2014/15 and not 2016 results ...

you will be grand and get your cat 1
    i guess just give them 4 weeks and then contact them as they are really busy now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Best of luck in the Super Series if you go for it Mike but bear in mind it isn't the holy grail and the travel costs can rack up.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Best of luck in the Super Series if you go for it Mike but bear in mind it isn't the holy grail and the travel costs can rack up.

Thanks Dave , got onto them and eventually got sorted!

I hoping it might cut down on my costs!!! I did 17 triathlons last year chasing national series points in a petrol car:(

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Does the criteria mean sub 1:08 or sub 2.23oly would get u into cat1? Or is it a combination to include the points
    I would love to think I could reach that goal but I doubt I would make the points requirments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    Does the criteria mean sub 1:08 or sub 2.23oly would get u into cat1? Or is it a combination to include the points
    I would love to think.I could reach that goal but I doubt I would make the points requirments.

I would say 1.05-6 and 2,14 is would be more realistic numbers .

• Advertisement
Advertisement