Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor insurance broker not sending out paperwork

Options
  • 09-01-2017 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Putting this up for my dad as he's in a small bit of trouble.

His insurance was expiring on 22nd December and the motor insurance broker sent out the renewal letter a few weeks before the expiry. The renewal letter was missing the NCB certificate so he rang them up and they said they will send it out separately.

Roughly on the 20th he decided he will go with this broker's cover as he couldn't find any cheaper quotations but he had still not received the NCB certificate 2 days before the insurance is expiring :o

So he renewed the policy on the 2nd and paid in full, over the phone with card (€1300 premium).

Right now it's the 9th January and he still hasn't received the insurance disk or certificate. He called them up last week asking about it and they said it had been sent out on the 20th and should have been received by up. Obviously he said we didn't get the paperwork so they double checked the address, which was correct and sent out the paperwork again early last week.

Today... still no paperwork. Anybody know what can be done in this situation? If he gets stopped at a checkpoint he will have 11 days (or whatever it is) to produce proof of insurance to the Gardai but I am somehow doubting that the broker will have sent out the paperwork!

I also find it very unprofessional that they never sent him the NCB certificate.

Anybody have any advice on what to do in this situation?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tell the Broker to detail his complaints procedure. In writing.

Advertisement