Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nima

Options
  • 09-01-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Are the Nima brushes any good? I need to get a couple more eye blending brushes. I have a few Inglot, Mac and Blank Canvas ones already so I don't want to spend loads.

Are they any good or are they just blogger hype?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

I'm guessing they're not as nobody has commented?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Have seen quite a few good reviews of the brushes however I don't have any myself as I think I'm near enough covered for eye brushes and I don't know anyone who has bought them. Personally I pick up what I need from blank canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I haven't tried them but i'd recommend checking out eBay for brushes. I've bought some great brushes over the past couple of years and they're a fraction of the price of the Blank Canvas and Nima ones. I've bought the 'Jessup' brushes as well as individual kabuki brushes and I cannot fault them, great value for money & they get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have the Nima Tara and Wendy that I use for powder contouring and I find them great. Got a few more for Christmas that I haven't used yet but will report back when I do.

Don't bother with the cleansing mitt, though, I found it rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I have the Nima Tara and Wendy that I use for powder contouring and I find them great. Got a few more for Christmas that I haven't used yet but will report back when I do.

Don't bother with the cleansing mitt, though, I found it rubbish.

Thanks! Good to hear they have some good quality brushes! I'm considering getting the eye blending brushes but I'm flip flopping between them and the Blank Canvas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Blank Canvas are alright, personally I'd choose another brand over them.

I've a few I got early last year and they're starting to shed now. I have one of their mini duo fibre brushes and from the day I got it the black dye has ran into the lighter bristles and gets on my face/skin. I have the E25 blending brush (large fluffy black brush) and again it's all black bristles and the dye runs in them and gets on my eyes when I use it so I've given up.

I've the E26 (white blending brush) and it's grand. Does what it should do but isn't anything to write home about I don't think.

Zoeva and Morphe are meant to be good. I haven't tried either yet but I've ordered a Morphe fan brush to see what the quality is like, hopefully it's good.

I got a set of face brushes from eBay before for less than €10 and most of them are still going strong about two years later so I'd recommend them. I don't have a link at the moment but I'll post one tomorrow. Really couldn't go wrong with them for the price they cost.

Advertisement