Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance calculation

• 09-01-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

His

I know there is no standard amount for maintenance and the court will award 150 max per week per child.
    What I want to know is what are the type of costs typically included in child costs..again it varies but if it went to court what would they include?
    1. I have childcare, clothes, food and heating and private health insurance . Assume these would be seen as standard?
    2. Would things like TV and bin charges be included?
    3. I'm deducting child benefit; from the overall cost as it's directly for the children. Is the SPPC tax credit viewed the same way or given that it's for the parent is it more flexible?
    4. We had a loan in place on which we had a side agreement that he would continue to pay as the loan was partially for a playroom for the kids. He has stopped paying this but would the courts deem it reasonable he pay for the kids having a roof over their heads (house was bought in cash so there's no mortgage). He has no home and when he minds them he stays here and I leave for the night.
    I do not want to screw him but I don't want to be naive as I know he is engaging a solicitor and trying to get the payment reduced.

Advertisement