Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Abstract photo website- feedback welcome

• 09-01-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My new photo website is http://abstractabstract.com/.

The 'STORE' page needs to be completed, currently it shows more than just abstract photos....

I'd appreciate any feedback and would be happy to review your site in return if you want.

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 SonicWind

I do like the website, quite a lot, I find it very clean and easy on the eyes.

I have some reservations (nothing bad):

The menu can be difficult to spot...current menu layout would be more suited to a mobile device.

This:
    <quote>

Patrick is happily married and has 3 kids
    Patrick did a bungee jump on his honeymoon; it could have been a very short marriage!
    When not behind a camera Patrick loves music (think Pixies, The National, Morrissey, They Might Be Giants etc), reading, sports and Ben & Jerrys ice cream.

</quote>

I don't understand the need for 3rd person. I would assume that many wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

SonicWind wrote: »
    I do like the website, quite a lot, I find it very clean and easy on the eyes.

I have some reservations (nothing bad):

The menu can be difficult to spot...current menu layout would be more suited to a mobile device.

This:
    <quote>

Patrick is happily married and has 3 kids
    Patrick did a bungee jump on his honeymoon; it could have been a very short marriage!
    When not behind a camera Patrick loves music (think Pixies, The National, Morrissey, They Might Be Giants etc), reading, sports and Ben & Jerrys ice cream.

</quote>

I don't understand the need for 3rd person. I would assume that many wont.

Cheers.
    Menu on desktop now changed.
    Patrick will remove the 3rd person. Some say it makes a site look more professional, some prefer the 'intimate' 'I'.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Advertisement