Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Suburb locations for Brinny Commute

Options
  • 09-01-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys,

First time poster here. I might be offered a job in Brinny and could be moving down to Cork in the coming weeks. I'd ideally like to live close to or in Cork city or it's suburbs. I have a car and am happy out with a commute of 35-40 mins, maybe even a bit longer. Does anyone have any suggestions for nice areas to live? I'm from the midlands and don't know where to avoid in Cork.

I'd be grand with the suburbs once there's decent parking, alright traffic out of the city area in the mornings and once a taxi home from the city centre after a night out doesn't cost like 30 Euro!

In my thirties and getting old and boring so it doesn't matter if the place is on the quiet side once it has good amenities.

Would appreciate some advice. Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

There are not many places in Cork to avoid really. It all comes down to price at the end of the day although getting somewhere on the south of the city would be ideal for the commute. Maybe try Bandon? Close to work and only 25 mins to the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Bishopstown

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Bishopstown

/thread

Yeah, I'd agree with this. It fills all criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Anywhere in the southside would do but Bishopstown and Wilton would be ideal. Even in bad traffic both would be less than 30 mins to Brinny, probably closer to 20mins most days. There's 4/5 local pubs in the area and a taxi to town would be about €15/20
    Outside of the city then Bandon and Kinsale would be good options. Both would have nightlife of their own and all the amenities you could ever want.
    Rent in Bandon would be cheaper too but I'd imagine Kinsale would be closer to city prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 foolofatook

Cheers guys. That's a huge help. Gonna have a look at what's available in those areas.
    Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Cheers guys. That's a huge help. Gonna have a look at what's available in those areas.
    Thanks a million

Availability is a completely different issue. There's very little available in reality.

Advertisement