Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy Quick Dessert

Options
  • 09-01-2017 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any ideas for this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Whole apple, core removed and replaced with chopped nuts, cinnamon, raisins and maybe a bit of honey.
    Slow baked in the oven until the apple is soft. Serve it with some greek yoghurt if you like.

Edit : Just noticed you said "quick", too. So maybe no slow baking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Shenshen wrote: »
    Whole apple, core removed and replaced with chopped nuts, cinnamon, raisins and maybe a bit of honey.
    Slow baked in the oven until the apple is soft. Serve it with some greek yoghurt if you like.

Edit : Just noticed you said "quick", too. So maybe no slow baking.

Ah sounds lovely, one of our guests does not eat raisins/sultanas etc so might have to leave the out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'd often do something similar to Shenshen's idea with nectarines/peaches/plums and a bit of vanilla and cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkled over.

Even though it can take half an hour in a low oven, it's a simple thing to stick in in while guests are eating the main course and serve it up warm with yoghurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Buy some premade meringue nests, greek yogurt and berries.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

Poached pears?

We usually make a poaching liquor with vanilla, ginger, star anise and sugar. Maybe allspice too. Doesn't take too long to make, though "quick" is probably not the adjective.

The liquor can be stored in the fridge or frozen.

• Advertisement

Malari wrote: »
    I'd often do something similar to Shenshen's idea with nectarines/peaches/plums and a bit of vanilla and cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkled over.

Even though it can take half an hour in a low oven, it's a simple thing to stick in in while guests are eating the main course and serve it up warm with yoghurt.

Do you put the fruit into a container whilst cooking and what temperature?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas for this please?

fresh fruit and natural yogurt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Do you put the fruit into a container whilst cooking and what temperature?

Chop it up and put it straight onto a baking tray. I guess 180? I don't know, I just wing it :P When it looks done it comes out. It's a hard thing to ruin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I do baked plums ...cut plums in half into hot oven for 15 minutes drizzle with honey before hand and sprinkle with some chopped nuts... serve with some Greek yogurt...

harr wrote: »
    I do baked plums ...cut plums in half into hot oven for 15 minutes drizzle with honey before hand and sprinkle with some chopped nuts... serve with some Greek yogurt...

Oh God that sounds divine!

• Advertisement

Oh God that sounds divine!
    It is ...make sure to use the syrup that is left over as a pour over sauce

harr wrote: »
    It is ...make sure to use the syrup that is left over as a pour over sauce

Do you put the honey and nuts on before you cook the plums?

Do you put the honey and nuts on before you cook the plums?
    Honey before and the nuts are your own personal choice I like before because I use bashed up hazelnuts .... granola also works well (before hand)

Advertisement