Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing name from state savings bond?

• 09-01-2017 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience about removing someone's name from a state saving's bond?

Basically I had an account with both my name and my mum's name

The bond reached maturity, so I was sent out a cheque which had both names on it.

My bank won't accept it unless there is a bank account open in both names so either;

1- i get anpost to issue me a cheque with my name only

or

2- i open a new account with both names on it

Is option 1 viable does anyone know?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

I don't think they will remove your mums name in this case. What I have done in the past, on a couple of occasions, is to ask An Post to issue an uncrossed cheque, so it can be lodged into either persons bank account, once it's been endorsed by the other person.

When I say "ask An Post" you'll have to to put it in writing, and both parties have to sign it

Advertisement