Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting mudguards

Options
  • 09-01-2017 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭

I have a set of sks chromoplastic mudguards and in fitting to a Genesis Vapour disc the seatstay bridge is the reverse of normal. Any way around apart from making a bracket?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Is it how the seatstay is drilled? If so, my tourer wouldn't either so I had to run a cable tie through the seat stay, and improvise it onto the bracket that way, ended up using two. Tried looping the cable tie around the Mudguard but it would've snapped or rubbed off the tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Weepsie wrote: »
    Is it how the seatstay is drilled? If so, my tourer wouldn't either so I had to run a cable tie through the seat stay, and improvise it onto the bracket that way, ended up using two. Tried looping the cable tie around the Mudguard but it would've snapped or rubbed off the tyre.

Yeah that's it, I'll give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Do you mean it's drilled vertically rather than horizontally? That's how my Thorn is and the mudguard is just drilled and bolted up to it, no bracket involved.

Advertisement