Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster handling fee refund

Options
  • 09-01-2017 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

I got my refund for a cancelled TM event just yesterday. It was a UK event (Bon Iver), total cost was £93, but TM only refunded me £79.50.
    I contacted TM UK to ask where was the rest, they said
    'When an event’s cancelled or rescheduled, we can refund the face value plus the service charge paid on each ticket. The handling fee isn’t refundable, as this covers the cost of us handling your order from beginning to end. Although the concert isn’t going ahead, we still incur costs in processing your order that we can’t recoup – that’s taking your order and processing the payment, printing and dispatching your tickets, plus contacting you with updates and, now that it’s completely cancelled, issuing your refund.'
    Cheeky bástards. Most of the £13.50 would have been for international postage, but they hadn't yet printed or posted the tickets.
    Any time I got a refund from ticketmaster.ie, I was refunded the full amount.

Anyone had any similar experience? Any way to recoup the rest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Their own T&Cs say they refund the service charges:

https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/cancelled-altered-events/cancelled-altered-events/

I would point this out to them and mention that you'll be contesting the charge with your credit card provider as no service was provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

This one says service charges are refunded, but doesn't mention 'handling fees'. They seem to distinguish between handling and service charges.
    'If an event's been cancelled altogether, we'll usually just refund your tickets automatically. We refund the face value plus the service charge for each ticket – you'll see a credit onto your card within 15 days of us contacting you about the cancellation. '
    https://help.ticketmaster.co.uk/how-do-i-get-a-refund-for-my-booking-if-my-event-is-cancelled/

Another one here:
    8.2 Cancellation: If an event is cancelled (and not rescheduled), you will be offered a refund of the sale price of your ticket(s), including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding the per order handling fee. If an event takes place over several days and one or more day(s) is/are cancelled (but not all the days constituting the event), a partial refund only may be payable corresponding to the day(s) cancelled.
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/legal/purchase.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I don't know if you paid by credit card
    If you did, I'd suggest contacting your Credit card provider and requesting a chargeback

just a suggestion

CH3OH wrote: »
    I don't know if you paid by credit card
    If you did, I'd suggest contacting your Credit card provider and requesting a chargeback

just a suggestion

It was revolut, I'll give them a try

• Advertisement

I just told them I wouldn't accept their explanation and they refunded me the remainder, 'as a gesture of good will'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

they refunded me the remainder, 'as a gesture of good will'
    So they won't change the process that you "did not understand".

Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement