Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't install facebook app

Options
  • 09-01-2017 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

So I had facebook app on my phone, deleted it while I wasn't using fb for a few months. Now I'm unable to reinstall the app, it says update unavailable try again later, been saying this for a week now!
    Finding it very hard to find where to contact apple for support with this also

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Have you got a screenshot? It might help people work out at what stage this is happening.

Have you turned your phone off and back on? This usually fixes any issues I've had with the iTunes store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Also let us know phone and IOS might help, can you install other apps from the app store? How long is that been happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Consider it a sign and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

It's iPhone 5s iOS 10. Other apps installing fine. I just click install and after a few seconds I get "update unavailable, try again later"

I may just take it as a sign and forget about fb again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Was the facebook app downloaded with another apple id? Have you tried to delete the app and download again with your current apple id?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Consider it a sign and move on.

Ha..I agree. Count yourself lucky !! :D:D

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Well Fb not installing is the least of my problems! My phone has completely died now, stuck continuously on the apple logo screen. Tried to restore and and got a blue screen with lots of lines and then back to Apple logo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So I had facebook app on my phone, deleted it while I wasn't using fb for a few months. Now I'm unable to reinstall the app, it says update unavailable try again later, been saying this for a week now!
    Finding it very hard to find where to contact apple for support with this also

Lucky you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

In the app store app, tap the "update" button on the bottom right of the app, 10 times, you may see a little screen flicker, this will clear the app store cache, and hopefully any installation issue you had.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just to let you know my sister had this problem today. But she was also due to update to 10.2.

Once she updated, she could download the FB app.

• Advertisement
Advertisement