Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Echo

• 09-01-2017 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Got the Amazon Echo as a gift for Christmas. However the the app won't download for ISO iPhone.
    It say it's not on Ireland App Store and moves me to the USA store and then it says you're in the wrong store and switches me back.
    This clearly doesn't work in IRELAND! Shame on you amazon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

trevor21 wrote: »

Don't be ridiculious, the echo isn't marketed or sold in Ireland directly so how it is amazons fault?

Read the FAQ on how to install the app on iOS if you are in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 trevor21

davo2001 wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculious, the echo isn't marketed or sold in Ireland directly so how it is amazons fault?

My amazon app's advertising header is the Echo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

Try and purchase it as see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

Why another echo thread? There is a HUGE one already and it's stickied.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

ads are pulled by random based on your location and previous browsing history. nothing to do with amazon. the echo is not for sale in ireland but there are ways to get it delivered, which someone obviously did for you. it's all covered in the sticky that's already been pointed out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

trevor21 wrote:

Funniest this I've read on this forum to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

davo2001 wrote: »

I get advertisements for Blow Up Dolls sold exclusively in Antarctica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

1/ Echo does work in Ireland (and in any country) with a little fiddling (see sticky)
    2/ Echo is only available in Ireland from Amazon through third parties
    3/ If you don't want to change settings on your phone to get the app, use the pc version alexa.amazon.co.uk and login with your UK account.
    4/ Read the sticky
    Remember. The UK just got Echo recently, so have some patience

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vcremin

I got an Echo recently and it works in Ireland - previous thread is completely accurate - took me a while to figure out how to set it up. It links to Spotify Premium and to the Tunein App for radio stations. Still haven't been able to get the App which is a pity but Amazon do not deliver directly to Ireland, I presume for this reason. Still love my Echo tho!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's incredibly easy to get the app folks, i'm not 100% it's allowed to be said on boards, but it's pretty easy to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Paula.oconnor

No need to change country settings or spend your Google Wallet.
    Instead download the Amazon Alexa App from this link.

http://www.apkmonk.com/download-app/...016-10-24.apk/

Works a treat.
    Regards,
    Paula

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BridS

How do I see the sticky? I'm new to boards trying to set up the Amazon Dot & my head is wrecked! All help greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

BridS wrote: »
    How do I see the sticky? I'm new to boards trying to set up the Amazon Dot & my head is wrecked! All help greatly appreciated

It is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057668556

On the desktop browser stickies are displayed at the top of the page on boards. I'm guessing you are on mobile, the mobile site stupidly hides stickies, you have to click a link to display them! :rolleyes:

Advertisement