Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional indemnity

Options
  • 09-01-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, I want to start an online coaching business, which I know I'll need some insurance like professional indemnity. The business won't have a lot of turnover at the start and will take time to build up.
    Where would be a good place to go for professional indemnity insurance?
    And how much will it be roughly?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Silverbling

Hi, I do not want to get a ban for posting a link so I will PM you, I pay €160 a year and that includes outdoor events too

• Registered Users Posts: 30 oscarodw

That would be brilliant thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Why will you need insurance for !? What do you expect it will cove OR what kind of "damage" do you expect an online distance learning course will have on the poor "stucked" to the screen / monitor normal user will do !?
    Good luck...

Well rolion, the coaching business will be an online personal training coaching business, as in I'll give clients programs and work with them to accomplish their physique goals. I would assume I'd need insurance incase for example one of my clients got injured on my advice and instructions and wanted compensation or sued me? I'm new to all this so forgive me if I'm overthinking the whole idea.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

You don't need insurance. Include a health warning as part of the registration process, stating that you are assuming that those who sign up have a basic level of fitness. If you are pushing the sale of supplements, etc., you probably won't get insurance even if you wanted it.

• Advertisement

You don't need insurance. Include a health warning as part of the registration process, stating that you are assuming that those who sign up have a basic level of fitness. If you are pushing the sale of supplements, etc., you probably won't get insurance even if you wanted it.

So just come up with a health warning document and get them to sign it and that should be ok?

oscarodw wrote: »
    So just come up with a health warning document and get them to sign it and that should be ok?

you need public liability insurance if you deal with the public..........just in case you drop a clipboard on their toe and they get whiplash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

rolion wrote: »
    Why will you need insurance for !? What do you expect it will cove OR what kind of "damage" do you expect an online distance learning course will have on the poor "stucked" to the screen / monitor normal user will do !?
    Good luck...

They dont have to suffer any damage: they just need a clever lawyer and to be willing to claim you did them damage. Even if they lose, defending yourself could bankrupt you.

you need public liability insurance if you deal with the public..........just in case you drop a clipboard on their toe and they get whiplash :)
    One of the problems with the internet is idiots can post whatever comes into the empty space between their ears. The OP is doing online personal fitness coaching.. Please explain how s/he could drop a clipboard ona toe (or anything else)? :rolleyes:
    OP - as part of your set-up process you will need a basic contract with your customers - what is offered, accepted, payment, etc. In that document you put a health warning. Do not draft it yourself.

One of the problems with the internet is idiots can post whatever comes into the empty space between their ears. The OP is doing online personal fitness coaching.. Please explain how s/he could drop a clipboard ona toe (or anything else)? :rolleyes:
    OP - as part of your set-up process you will need a basic contract with your customers - what is offered, accepted, payment, etc. In that document you put a health warning. Do not draft it yourself.

Did you see the smiley face at the end of the post? That indicates a tongue in cheek reply based on the dubious nature of insurance claims by some members of the public.

As an entrepreneur idiot with empty space between their ears I am able to read between the lines.

• Advertisement

Did you see the smiley face at the end of the post? That indicates a tongue in cheek reply based on the dubious nature of insurance claims by some members of the public.

As an entrepreneur idiot with empty space between their ears I am able to read between the lines.

Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes and Smiling Face are the two most commonly used emoticons. They simply denote happiness or positivity.
    Nothing to do with tongue in cheek.

As an entrepreneur idiot with empty relatively full space between his ears I too am able to read between the lines. ;) (Wink, in case you did not know).

Advertisement