Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow Cooker €20 Littlewoods - Free delivery

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭oinkely

Got one of these. Arrived friday, already made chilli on Saturday, soup for lunch overnight on saturday night and butter chicken for Sundays dinner. brilliant yolks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

oinkely wrote: »
    Got one of these. Arrived friday, already made chilli on Saturday, soup for lunch overnight on saturday night and butter chicken for Sundays dinner. brilliant yolks.

i have chili con carne on since before work, will be ready when i get home this evening. so handy !

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭andydurnin

any recipes for chili con carne ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i just use

1kg of lean mince, browned
    2 400g tins chopped tomatos
    3 400g tins kidney beans
    1 half pint of passata
    2 onions
    2 green peppers
    1.5 table spoons chili power
    1 table spoon paprika
    half table spoon cumin
    salt and pepper , add more later to season

combine and put on medium heat for 7 hours, or 5 hour for high, 9 hours for low heat.

I also add peas and carrots, as I like to eat it without rice, so use these to bulk it up, but that's not for everyone ! It turns out nice, and enough for 3 days eating, and 4 further frozen dinners !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭oinkely

2smiggy wrote: »
    i just use

1kg of lean mince, browned
    2 400g tins chopped tomatos
    3 400g tins kidney beans
    1 half pint of passata
    2 onions
    2 green peppers
    1.5 table spoons chili power
    1 table spoon paprika
    half table spoon cumin
    salt and pepper , add more later to season

combine and put on medium heat for 7 hours, or 5 hour for high, 9 hours for low heat.

I also add peas and carrots, as I like to eat it without rice, so use these to bulk it up, but that's not for everyone ! It turns out nice, and enough for 3 days eating, and 4 further frozen dinners !!

A dash of tabasco sauce goes nicely in there too. Sundried tomatoes also, any sort of beans, chick peas and sweetcorn - pretty much anything that might be in the cupboard at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭frankled

My first slow cooker, made pulled pork the other day and it turned out great. Simple enough appliance- I'd concur that you can't go wrong with this one.

frankled wrote: »
    My first slow cooker, made pulled pork the other day and it turned out great. Simple enough appliance- I'd concur that you can't go wrong with this one.
    What way did you do the pork? I find some of the recipes seem to suggest what appears to me to be a lot of liquid. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭frankled

What way did you do the pork? I find some of the recipes seem to suggest what appears to me to be a lot of liquid. :P

I used the recipe described here.

I used a pork shoulder- it turned out great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭frash

Leg of lamb in it right now.
    Will report back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Scariff

Made pulled pork twice using recipe from allrecipes site. Fling in ingredients - most taxing thing is peeling an onion! Easy peasy and absolutely delicious. If you only ever use slow cooker for this - well worth it at the price.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mjp

Scariff wrote:
    Made pulled pork twice using recipe from allrecipes site. Fling in ingredients - most taxing thing is peeling an onion! Easy peasy and absolutely delicious. If you only ever use slow cooker for this - well worth it at the price.!

What cut of pork do you use for it and are they easily available??
    Find it hard to get suitable cuts in butchers these days as most butchers around Dublin nowadays only stock cuts such as chops ribs and pork belly which are conveniently cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Scariff

I bought a shoulder of pork in SuperValu (prepacked ones) for a fiver. Perfect !

The one in the OP has been out of stock for a good few days, but the red and white ones are reduced from €39.99 to €27.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mine arrived today but appears to be DOA. Shame.

edit: Replaced the fuse and it's working now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Basil3 wrote: »
    The one in the OP has been out of stock for a good few days, but the red and white ones are reduced from €39.99 to €27.99.

Not anymore. Full price now

Advertisement