Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal limit on no. of hooks on rigs/traces?

• 09-01-2017 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a legal limit on the number of hooks you can have on a rig/trace while shore angling with bait? People tell me that 'longlines' are illegal - I can believe that leaving a long trace/rig tied down and unattended with say 50 hooks is illegal, but would it be illegal to cast your own baited rig/trace out from the shore with a rod with, say, 10 hooks close together?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

jsweizer wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a legal limit on the number of hooks you can have on a rig/trace while shore angling with bait? People tell me that 'longlines' are illegal - I can believe that leaving a long trace/rig tied down and unattended with say 50 hooks is illegal, but would it be illegal to cast your own baited rig/trace out from the shore with a rod with, say, 10 hooks close together?

Thanks

No legal limit, as long as the rod is not left unattended. Limit of 3 hooks in officially sanctioned sea angling competitions.

Advertisement