Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Indian-style restaurant?

Options
  • 09-01-2017 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for best Indian/Nepalese/Pakistani restaurant in Galway, where's good?

Looking to eat-in, in the city centre preferably, but can drive if there's somewhere exceptional.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The food in Eastern Tandoori (Indian) is consistently excellent. The service is verrrrrry slow, but worth the wait - just.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

I like Tulsi...I always use their restaurant ( also Tulsi) in Ennis..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Larry58

Eastern Tandoori is very good, normally get parking just around corner on The Long Walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ggg16

Nok Shi in Moycullen is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I always found Kumars to be great! Don't know if it's still as good as it was when I live in Galway last though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They're all good imo but Eastern Tandoori have Afghan naans which I really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Eastern tandoori is my personal favourite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Kashmir. (My spelling may be dodgy ... the one near Monroes).

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

Kumars for me personally. Dhansak or Sri Lankan Curry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Al - If you can wander out to Oranmore, the Oran Tandoori there is top notch, it's the best in Galway. Food is better, Service is much better. Ain't cheap though.

In the city, Eastern Tandoori is the pick of the bunch.

To be honest, Papa Riches is lovely, it's Asian street food, so might not be what you want. They make the claim they can serve you a dish so hot you can't eat it. Fightin' talk I say.

Q2 is for ponces.

• Advertisement
Advertisement