Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First mortgage payment

• 10-01-2017 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hey, just a quick enquiry, my first mortgage payment is due at end of January, I had a 3 month moratorium on the payments so we could get settled, last week I transferred a large chunk of the first payment into the account and today I got a letter saying..
    We acknowledge receipt of the out of course lodgement for €1100 on 30/12/16. This has been lodged in permanent reduction on your mortgage loan.

I wanted this to go as a mortgage payment not off my loan, why is this happening does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

TheBully wrote: »
    Hey, just a quick enquiry, my first mortgage payment is due at end of January, I had a 3 month moratorium on the payments so we could get settled, last week I transferred a large chunk of the first payment into the account and today I got a letter saying..
    We acknowledge receipt of the out of course lodgement for €1100 on 30/12/16. This has been lodged in permanent reduction on your mortgage loan.

I wanted this to go as a mortgage payment not off my loan, why is this happening does anyone know?

From my reading of it your payment was due in January (most likely by direct debit), you transferred money to your mortgage account in December. The bank most likely believes that you wanted to make an extra payment. Contact your bank if this is not what you wanted or your payment may be taken again this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

From my reading of it your payment was due in January (most likely by direct debit), you transferred money to your mortgage account in December. The bank most likely believes that you wanted to make an extra payment. Contact your bank if this is not what you wanted or your payment may be taken again this month

Thanks blindside, il ring them in the morning. I'm thinking it's that too.

Advertisement