Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid question.....

Options
  • 10-01-2017 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭

So I started vaping while back and fell off the wagon. So I started vaping again recently. However I'm getting really bad pain from it. It's hard to describe but it's esophageal pain directly behind and slightly above my chest bone.. It felt like it's burned. It started getting really bad so I stopped vaping and moved back to smokes and it was fine again after a day or two.

I'm using a kanger subox with a nautilus mini attached (I like having a replaceable battery). I'm using it on a low power setting (9w).

The juice I was using at the time came from a sizzlebox a short while ago. I switched to a suicide bunny madrina and the pain stayed/got worse and that's when I stopped.

As a bit of side info, I have a hiatus hernia so I do get reflux and that burned feeling was very similar to that kind of scorched windpipe you get from too much acid heartburn. However I had no reflux or excess acid at the time. I smoke feck loads of cigarettes so I don't think it's the nicotine level (I was using 12mg)

I'm going to try vaping again and try different juices but I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of reaction to any juices or ever heard of anyone having it. If there's a particular additive or anything that caused it. Are there any types I should particularly avoid or try out.

I've tried googling but only found one thread which was similar. Most focus on a sore throat and mine was pretty much fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Grayson wrote: »
    So I started vaping while back and fell off the wagon. So I started vaping again recently. However I'm getting really bad pain from it. It's hard to describe but it's esophageal pain directly behind and slightly above my chest bone.. It felt like it's burned. It started getting really bad so I stopped vaping and moved back to smokes and it was fine again after a day or two.

I'm using a kanger subox with a nautilus mini attached (I like having a replaceable battery). I'm using it on a low power setting (9w).

The juice I was using at the time came from a sizzlebox a short while ago. I switched to a suicide bunny madrina and the pain stayed/got worse and that's when I stopped.

As a bit of side info, I have a hiatus hernia so I do get reflux and that burned feeling was very similar to that kind of scorched windpipe you get from too much acid heartburn. However I had no reflux or excess acid at the time. I smoke feck loads of cigarettes so I don't think it's the nicotine level (I was using 12mg)

I'm going to try vaping again and try different juices but I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of reaction to any juices or ever heard of anyone having it. If there's a particular additive or anything that caused it. Are there any types I should particularly avoid or try out.

I've tried googling but only found one thread which was similar. Most focus on a sore throat and mine was pretty much fine.

That's a right bummer,I have never suffered with anything while smoking or vaping but I have heard others were suffering with different ailments while vaping & it was the amount of PG they had in the liquid,they changed to 100% VG liquid & that worked.
    Hope this helps a little....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Sounds like heartburn maybe, I had the same, too much PG is what did it to me. Get some liquid around 70VG and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

OP, its possible you could be allergic to vaping but you should seriously think about going to see a doctor as chest pain is not something I'v ever heard related to vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PraxisPete

If I've been chain vaping while on the beer I sometimes get a bit of a pain like how you describe. It's only when I really over do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I find I get this with some custardy type liquids, the only one I don't is Krem by Gypsy Juice.

E-Smoke Ireland's custard is the worst for this. It's nice, but I just can't vape it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Venom wrote: »
    OP, its possible you could be allergic to vaping but you should seriously think about going to see a doctor as chest pain is not something I'v ever heard related to vaping.

I was thinking it's a reaction to something. I know what the pain is, it's definitely esophageal burn. I've had it many times in the past from reflux but there's been no reflux this time. So rather than acid coming up and burning it's whatever I'm putting down that's burning/inflaming the windpipe.
    I find I get this with some custardy type liquids, the only one I don't is Krem by Gypsy Juice.

E-Smoke Ireland's custard is the worst for this. It's nice, but I just can't vape it.

It was a curstardy one that I was vaping. Thing is before when I was vaping I was part doing mouth to lung and part lung hits. I went through a 150ml bottle of whitelightning in a week and never felt this.

I vape a lot of custards so there may be something to that.

In saying the that I don't really get a burning it's more like a heaviness. I always put it down to the sheer volume of the stuff I'm inhaling. I could go through 20 ml at 60 watts on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Jaysus, I've vaped 4ml since Sunday night. :pac:

PraxisPete wrote: »
    I vape a lot of custards so there may be something to that.

In saying the that I don't really get a burning it's more like a heaviness. I always put it down to the sheer volume of the stuff I'm inhaling. I could go through 20 ml at 60 watts on a Saturday night.

What tank you using as that's some amount of liquid for one night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

EGriff wrote: »
    Jaysus, I've vaped 4ml since Sunday night. :pac:

I can easily get through 15ml in a day, if I'm pushing the wattage a bit. Some tanks these days are just guzzlers. Gotta love DIY though, that's about 0.50c

OP: I too have a hiatus hernia, been vaping 4 yr and it's never been bothered by vaping, only by my crap diet :/ I would imagine it's some allergy - maybe to PG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I found a full bottle of Suckerpunch that I had lying around. The Suicide bunny stuff is 70% VG so I'll give it a shot for a few days. All the sizzlebox stuff is supposed to be 70% too but it doesn't say it on the bottle.

Venom wrote: »
    What tank you using as that's some amount of liquid for one night

At the moment I'm using the Mage but any dual coil low ohm, high watts combo will eat juice. I'd normally go through about 9 ml a day but when I'm drinking it's a different story but it's better than the 40 fags I used to go through under the same circumstances!

PraxisPete wrote: »
    At the moment I'm using the Mage but any dual coil low ohm, high watts combo will eat juice. I'd normally go through about 9 ml a day but when I'm drinking it's a different story but it's better than the 40 fags I used to go through under the same circumstances!

I'd go through around 6-9ml a day myself depending on what I'm doing but yeah it sure beats the ciggies. I tempted to try Smok's new Spiral tank as it ment to be good on flavor and not a juice guzzler.

Advertisement