Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P60

Options
  • 10-01-2017 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Any ideas when the p60's will arrive guys or am I being too optimistic l.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

elsa21 wrote: »

Think it was March last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

don't sit looking at the letterbox for another 6-8 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

The latter....

Interesting to remember when the government talks about cutbacks, the DES gets fined every year for late p60's ... I think it was about 100k last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xXlollsXx

23rd of Feb is the official deadline. Lodge a complaint with compliance/audit in revenue if you don't receive it.

Anyone gotten a P60 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Anyone gotten a P60 yet?

Yes, a few weeks ago from ETB. Much earlier than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Primary and got no p60 yet. It's disgraceful- same thing every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Roinn an Oideachais paid here, and as I mentioned here last year I didn't receive my P60 until 30 March 2016. I rang RanO two weeks ago and they said it will be early March this year, but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For anyone waiting on a P60 from the SEC, they have told me 'late February'.

For those that would know about such things, is it not simply a case of putting the right paper in a printer and letting a computer do its thing? I have never understood why there is any delay at all in issuing them.

spurious wrote: »
    For anyone waiting on a P60 from the SEC, they have told me 'late February'.

For those that would know about such things, is it not simply a case of putting the right paper in a printer and letting a computer do its thing? I have never understood why there is any delay at all in issuing them.

Here's a fairly comprehensive answer that I received today from the DoES:
    P60s and statements of earnings for the 2016 financial year will issue to all personnel automatically. The documents generally issue in February/March annually. P60s data cannot issue to the printer before the Department has filed their P35 with Revenue which occurs annually mid-February as per Revenue’s dates for filing P35s.

Should you wish to contact Revenue regarding your taxes in advance of the P60s issuing I would advise you to contact your local Revenue office and ask whether your final payslip for 2016 may be used to update your details in advance of the P60’s issuing.

Unfortunately we cannot issue individual P60 statement’s in advance of the automatic issue of the P60s to all Department personnel.

The P35s have been filed and the p60 files are currently with the printers. The P60s and Statement of Earnings Certificates should begin to issue to individuals in the next week or so.

I'm not sure why Revenue can't move the P35 deadline forward to the end of the year, or more justifiably why the DoES cannot just file them "early" so that we can all get our tax refunds/complete our mortgage applications etc without such an unreasonable delay (30 March last year).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

Amazing how every sector of education is cut budget wise but they will forgo a hefty penalty for filing these late every year

Any sign of P60's yet anyone. Apparently late february, early March wasn,t true. Very annoying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Got the SEC one the other week and have already got my tax refund - good job Revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I got mine in January from Sec And des. Tax sorted two days later. Very efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

I rang post primary payroll Friday and was assured they went to the printers last week and we should have them this week. Hth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I never look for a balancing statement after doing SEC work.

Sounds like maybe I should.

I rang post primary payroll Friday and was assured they went to the printers last week and we should have them this week. Hth

Id say whoever was talking to you, "happywithlife" was fibbing. I contacted revenue today and they said the dept havent sent them in yet, so Id imagine the P60's aren't in the printers yet as the p35 usually issue first to revenue am I right

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Anyone else, like me, still waiting for their p60? Haven't received anything from either the Department or the State Exams Commission. Had both of them this time last year!

Aquals wrote: »
    Anyone else, like me, still waiting for their p60? Haven't received anything from either the Department or the State Exams Commission. Had both of them this time last year!

I got a really narky reply from the department today that it would be next week, ive been told that for the last three weeks

I'm still waiting and it's the sole thing holding up a mortgage application for the past two months (the 2015 P60 and a current salary certificate are not sufficient). The finance people and estate agents were well aware there is an annual problem with the DoE issuing these on time. You did well, by the way, getting your p60 by this time last year as like others here I didn't get mine until 30 March last year.

It's inexcusable.

• Advertisement

Id say whoever was talking to you, "happywithlife" was fibbing. I contacted revenue today and they said the dept havent sent them in yet, so Id imagine the P60's aren't in the printers yet as the p35 usually issue first to revenue am I right

Unfortunately you are right. Rang again today. Apparently there is a delay with the printers ...

Brendan O' Hara is the executive in charge of P60's I was told today when I asked who to put a formal complaint into. His email is brendan_ohara@education.gov.ie

I was of the feeling today no point in just giving out so fired off a stinker of an email

Unfortunately you are right. Rang again today. Apparently there is a delay with the printers ...

Brendan O' Hara is the executive in charge of P60's I was told today when I asked who to put a formal complaint into. His email is brendan_ohara@education.gov.ie

I was of the feeling today no point in just giving out so fired off a stinker of an email

Did they loose the plug for the printer machine or something.... hint.... follow the wire from the machine.
    Delay at the printers me hat.

Why haven't you handed in any homework today John?
    There was a delay with my pencil sir.
    Oh right, I know nothing of these technical malfunctions...just hand it in whenever the issue is resolved.
    Sure thing Miss, here's my email address if you need an update:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

I remember seeing the link on here before, but I'd be more inclined to complain to the office of the ombudsman http://m.ombudsman.gov.ie/en/Make-a-Complaint/ I'm waiting so I can claim back college fees, I'd be furious if it was affecting buying a home.

Moody_mona wrote: »
    I remember seeing the link on here before, but I'd be more inclined to complain to the office of the ombudsman http://m.ombudsman.gov.ie/en/Make-a-Complaint/ I'm waiting so I can claim back college fees, I'd be furious if it was affecting buying a home.

Just printed this Ombudsman complaint form out, will fill it in now and post it this afternoon. I just checked on the legality of the Department of Education withholding P60s and got this:
    P60: Your employer must give you a P60 (pdf) within 6 weeks of the end of each tax year.(Source)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mad Martina

Received P60 today

Likewise I received the P60 today, 22 March 2017. I still sent off my complaint to the Ombudsman so hopefully this annual delay will not happen once again next year. We live in hope.

Mine came today too - given the postal time I'd say it was in the post even as brendan O Hara sent his email to say it was being processed and would be another week ...typical total incompetence

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

Still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Has anyone gotten a P60 from the State Exams Commission yet? I'm waiting on that now, having received my Dept of Education one this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Has anyone gotten a P60 from the State Exams Commission yet? I'm waiting on that now, having received my Dept of Education one this week.

I got that one a few weeks ago.

Advertisement