Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P60

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Aquals wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten a P60 from the State Exams Commission yet? I'm waiting on that now, having received my Dept of Education one this week.

The issued their Certificates of Earnings around the start of March. It doesn't look like a P60 but has all the info you need for getting tax back etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

gaiscioch wrote: »
    Just printed this Ombudsman complaint form out, will fill it in now and post it this afternoon. I just checked on the legality of the Department of Education withholding P60s and got this:

This formal complaint was all to no avail. The Ombudsman's office wrote back, quoting the following:
    Section 4 of the Ombudsman Act 1980 as amended, provides that:

"the Ombudsman shall not investigate a complaint by or on behalf of an individual, into any action of or on behalf of another person, where that
    action affects such individual by virtue of being a member, officer, employee or agent of an entity or entities."

I have examined your correspondence and I note that your complaint relates to the actions of the Department in relation to your P60. As you are an employee of the Department, the Ombudsman cannot examine your complaint about this matter.

I wonder is that to prevent potential complainants being targeted by their employer, or would that be a naive interpretation? Either way, it doesn't seem like the people who are negatively affected by the Department of Education breaching the six-week time limit have a right to have the situation rectified. There's something not right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

gaiscioch wrote: »
    This formal complaint was all to no avail. The Ombudsman's office wrote back, quoting the following:

I wonder is that to prevent potential complainants being targeted by their employer, or would that be a naive interpretation? Either way, it doesn't seem like the people who are negatively affected by the Department of Education breaching the six-week time limit have a right to have the situation rectified. There's something not right there.

So could you have our spouses complain? They are affected for things like mortgages etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Or could you do a freedom of information act on how big the fines are annually and get the media involved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just to add when I logged on to revenue online no earnings from SEC have been logged!!! Like ever been logged going back years!
    I wouldn't mind they charged 8% usc to me last year when it should only have been 5.5%. This year it should only be 5%. And they charge 10.5%prd when it should only be 10%.
    :(

I sent in the claim form for preparatory work recently with a letter. I must give them a ring too as am marking soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement