Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks Ballsbridge

Options
  • 10-01-2017 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else cycle in past this. The debris on the road when you turn right down Shelbourne road is like playing one sided dodgeball.... or not. I have just reclaimed my nerves when I turn down grand canal and enter truck lane.. But seriously it is starting to make me a bit nervous. Anyone else ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Does anyone else cycle in past this. The debris on the road when you turn right down Shelbourne road is like playing one sided dodgeball.... or not. I have just reclaimed my nerves when I turn down grand canal and enter truck lane.. But seriously it is starting to make me a bit nervous. Anyone else ?

What scares me is the trucks - I now get off the road if one is near, after waving frantically at a driver who was 10 or 15 feet above me and staring at the sky oblivious of my presence despite my usual manic-Christmas-tree blinking lights and hi-viz. I only spend about five minutes on that road, between the cycle paths on Herbert Park and Beatty's Avenue, but even then it's frightening; the trucks are driving in and out of the works where they're building some kind of engineering magic to stop the Dodder flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I don't go that way, though I do go to Ballsbridge most days. I had a good think when I started this commute about how to avoid the tangle of roads around the RDS, as I don't like them at the best of times.

Advertisement