Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

Latest IR Sat Animation showing a low pressure feature now starting to spin up SW of Iceland with our name on it possibly
    http://en.sat24.com/en/eu

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

How are we looking for NW Cork/Kerry/W Limerick 210m ASL?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Gone down to 4c now dropped fast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

marno21 wrote: »

Would that general area not be higher? Taurbeg is 410m ASL. What part you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Would that general area not be higher? Taurbeg is 410m ASL. What part you talking about?
    I think there is a poster here at 200m asl too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

We might yet have a return to the glory days of arguing over who has the most snow :D

Still just expecting mainly hail here though tbh, don't ever recall a north westerly delivering lying snow right to the coast. Letterkenny and the east of the county should do well though

Im expecting a few inches of Hail aswell (SW Donegal) , I think last time a NW came I got hail/sleet all while reading reports of snow falling in Dublin on here :cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Lowi

S H I T just got real !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lowi wrote: »
    S H I T just got real !

524 people online....something's up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

marno21 wrote: »

Put on your snow chains ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

650ft asl here in N.Cork.. will be interesting to see will we get anything - very rare that we get any major snowfall at all over past decade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

surprised at the forecast on RTE, a big change from earlier. A polar low can change everything and even bring decent snow to the east. I still reckon that the North-West and Northern Ireland will have the lions share of snow over the next 36 hours. Looks like the best chance for snow in the east will be tomorrow evening or night, when the organised band of snow will cross the country. I just hope the punch isn't taken out of it by the time it reaches here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Here is the SNOW band arriving on the north coast at 18.00

screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_1.png
    screenshot_1.png

And gone at 22.00
    screenshot_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

To me that looks like West Clare will get a heap of rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

524 people online....something's up![/quote]
    Doc, your in for a busy few days. Especially if dublin stays dry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

JCX BXC wrote: »

Sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Pangea wrote: »
    Im expecting a few inches of Hail aswell (SW Donegal) , I think last time a NW came I got hail/sleet all while reading reports of snow falling in Dublin on here :cool:

I think you might be in a better position to see some thundery stuff though. Of course I don't say this out of jealously or anything.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Gonzo wrote: »
    surprised at the forecast on RTE, a big change from earlier. A polar low can change everything and even bring decent snow to the east. I still reckon that the North-West and Northern Ireland will have the lions share of snow over the next 36 hours. Looks like the best chance for snow in the east will be tomorrow evening or night, when the organised band of snow will cross the country. I just hope the punch isn't taken out of it by the time it reaches here.

Usually when it goes across the country the east gets nothing. So don't expect much

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭pqdvdplayer

Google weather saying a high of 4 and rain for parts of mayo tomorrow, how come this is so different from what you are all saying here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

7pm tomorrow evening
    Oh my :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Never mind Google - this is where the real forecasts are at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Google weather saying a high of 4 and rain for parts of mayo tomorrow, how come this is so different from what you are all saying here ?

LOL Google Weather....:D

Keep her dailed in here bud, this is where its at.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Temps dropping and Dew points coming down, Scotland and North of England already getting snow showers.

7pZCyTX.png

wMh3Dlp.png

YulJisq.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

LOL Google Weather....:D

Now now, be nice to the visitors. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

JCX BXC wrote: »

looks more like kerry coast will get a big belter of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

Any update? It's been 5 minutes since the last post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

You reckon they'll amend the met eireann warnings now that more of the country will experience snow,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

The snow has blocked out all form of communication :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

You reckon they'll amend the met eireann warnings now that more of the country will experience snow,
    "will experience snow" is a strong statement! I am highly optimistic, yes (being in NI) - however with snow- nothing is ever guaranteed lol! I've seen large areas of cloud and precip come from the NW before in such spells and just fall apart / not deliver properly. I have every finger and toe crossed right now that this polar low type feature can get it's act together and deliver!
    But... I'm also prepared for disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

.. The latest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Are we getting ahead of ourselves?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement