Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

goat2 wrote: »
    looks more like kerry coast will get a big belter of rain

That could very well be snow just Aswell. The map is just for precipitation. Esp over higher ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Are we getting ahead of ourselves?

Slightly I think

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Nice little squall just passed ennis temp is 5 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Hail showers are starting to pep up here in the nw, nice big downpour of pea sized hail just briefly turned the place white

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

http://en.sat24.com/en/eu
    Current sat animation shows the main low to the north of the UK spinning up nicely now. This is the one that is going to introduce the artic air tomorrow. My eyes are firmly watching the development of that smaller low feature to the south of Iceland at the moment which I am presuming will end up in our vicinity at some stage tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

7.5°c here in cork, driving by the kinsale road roundabout right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Status Orange from Met Eireann for Cavan/Monaghan/Donegal/Leitrim/Mayo and Sligo? The word blizzard was mentioned??

Will I wake to snow?
    90 metres ASL, Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hail showers are starting to pep up here in the nw, nice big downpour of pea sized hail just briefly turned the place white

and so it begins Harps... Have you your ruler ready?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

ArKl0w wrote:
    Yeah temps down south are high still and will be until that wave is dealt wit Currently 6 and 7 Celsius in Killarney and Macroom

I just drove Macroom - Cork 6deg the whole way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

glightning wrote: »
    Current sat animation shows the main low to the north of the UK spinning up nicely now. This is the one that is going to introduce the artic air tomorrow. My eyes are firmly watching the development of that smaller low feature to the south of Iceland at the moment which I am presuming will end up in our vicinity at some stage tomorrow.

All I see is thousands of miles of atlantic muck

Maybe some polar maritime am to bring sleet n hail n snow to mts. Too windy for the other low to come

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

aisling86 wrote: »
    I just drove Macroom - Cork 6deg the whole way

Thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

So that everybody understands. The cold has not arrived yet on the north west coast.

The 528 Dam line or Snow line has not reached us.

Around Midnight it will arrive and start to sweep down through the whole Island of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

5.8c here in West Clare after a nice windy shower, gust of 29kts! Dewpoint was 1c before the shower, so should be turning sleety in the near future I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

3.9 degrees in.Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

pauldry wrote: »
    glightning wrote: »

All I see is thousands of miles of atlantic muck

Maybe some polar maritime am to bring sleet n hail n snow to mts. Too windy for the other low to come
    If you are talking about the cloud shield to the west - that is not what I am referring to. All the stuff towards Iceland will push down over the next 12 to 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Good luck lads for the next few days....I'm sick of the sight of snow here now (Been laying since mid October), Life is truly hard here if you have been following the winter thread?
    Currently drifting snow and -12 in Southern Poland.
    Its looking like after 4 days of snow and warmer temps here until Sunday, we will be back in the freezer from the East. So hopefully these ECM charts will come true for you and you can tap into some real cold, Instead of that Polar Atlantic muck you quite often get served!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭Boggy Turf

Jaysus I went for a walk with the dog there (west Galway) and while there was some heavy rain showers, there is no feeling of snow in the air. I am ever hopeful but it just seems too damned mild to me. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

15965865_1064662093643539_8277885963365985322_n.jpg?oh=93a87a09e416169ef7a2de39441f2a94&oe=58DF04DE

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

3 degrees in Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

snaps wrote: »
    Good luck lads for the next few days....I'm sick of the sight of snow here now (Been laying since mid October), Life is truly hard here if you have been following the winter thread?
    Currently drifting snow and -12 in Southern Poland.
    Its looking like after 4 days of snow and warmer temps here until Sunday, we will be back in the freezer from the East. So hopefully these ECM charts will come true for you and you can tap into some real cold, Instead of that Polar Atlantic muck you quite often get served!

I don't think so. It has only got cold in Poland since the New Year...not since October..pure rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,153 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RuthieRose wrote: »
    3 degrees in Cavan.

Great band!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭EletricMan

Wind gusting now in Tralee, must be a shower on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Significant fall of snow possible in Leinster and Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Did Gerry have a bad experience with snow when he was young? Really seems to hate cold weather.....

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    I don't think so. It has only got cold in Poland since the New Year...not since October..pure rubbish.

I think Snaps should know as he lives there ......

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Significant Falls of Snow in Leinster and Munster Tomorrow Night according to Met Eireann after the news.. Game on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Nice forecast there after RTE news at 9. Also at the end 'substantial falls of snow in the east' later tomorrow evening and night. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Significant Falls of Snow in Leinster and Munster Tomorrow Night according to Met Eireann after the news.. Game on!!!

Hmm. Yes, they certainly have computed the little polar low effect. Friday AM rush-hour could be quite interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Did Gerry have a bad experience with snow when he was young? Really seems to hate cold weather.....

He gets it right more often than not, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Nice forecast there after RTE news at 9. Also at the end 'substantial falls of snow in the east' later tomorrow evening and night. Bring it on!

Gerry is just AWESOME. He loves the Snow. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement