Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Raining and not too cold at all here in West Limerick.

Will be watching temps and posts and rainfall radar periodically over the day to see how things develop.

Always hopeful for some snow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

NIMAN wrote: »
    Still no sign of any snow here in the far NW, heard 3am mentioned as time it would arrive.

See post 592 from Limavady? SNOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I'm doubtful of anything now, nothing here in Dublin overnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Once this murky drizzly crap clears that's when we will be in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Kamili wrote: »
    I'm doubtful of anything now, nothing here in Dublin overnight

There never was going to be anything in Dublin overnight. They've said the whole time nothing until later today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

pad199207 wrote: »
    Once this murky drizzly crap clears that's when we will be in business.

What a time for Netweather radar to give up. Seems to be stuck 5 hours behind!

There never was going to be anything in Dublin overnight. They've said the whole time nothing until later today

I'm going on other posts here, I thought there would be a lot more reports of snow in the NW.

Sat24 is saying 80% chance of... Sun. All day.

other weather apps are saying 0% chance of precipitation when its due to hit.

I think it will be cold and clear here. Thought there would be at least some snow later on, but not holding out hope.

What a time for Netweather radar to give up. Seems to be stuck 5 hours behind!

I find that netweather gives poor coverage for ireland. Especially so over the Dublin Area. Raging now I even subscribed to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

BBC forecast showed some rather large snow showers in the east this evening/early tonight, i'll believe it when i see it, any snow wont last to long so make the most of it, 11 degrees on sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Nada midlands, cool damp morning, typical January. And to make the mood worse, next weeks easterly cold spell looks like it is evaporating this morning....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal Town. Clear and GREEN 😳

I'm going on other posts here, I thought there would be a lot more reports of snow in the NW.

Sat24 is saying 80% chance of... Sun. All day.

other weather apps are saying 0% chance of precipitation when its due to hit.

I think it will be cold and clear here. Thought there would be at least some snow later on, but not holding out hope.

I usually trust the bbc and the met office there ahead of most and their broadcast this morning still shows it hitting bang on time later this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

jambofc wrote: »

No u shut up!

What a flop nothing here but rain east Galway.

2.7c
    DP 1.8c

Kildare

I usually trust the bbc and the met office there ahead of most and their broadcast this morning still shows it hitting bang on time later this evening

I hope you're right, but I'm not confident is all I'm saying!

I hope you're right, but I'm not confident is all I'm saying!

I hope the met office are right haha

BBC NI weather there says low ground in the north might see little or snow at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Peskey weather forcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Big hype no snow, no hype lots of snow 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

BBC NI weather there says low ground in the north might see little or snow at all

Not much chance down here if that's the case! Is it lack of precipitation or just not cold enough re temps/dp?

• Advertisement

Either we have to be patient and wait for this afternoon or this is just like any other NWly. Soggy and pure mush as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I think people need to cool the jets, from what I saw most of the snow was due from around midday, there was always talk of rain / sleet preceding snowfall. The funny thing is that the east now seems to be the place being mentioned for snow particularly this evening and tonight. It was always seen initially as the place getting the least.

Leitrim = Rain :(

Not much chance down here if that's the case! Is it lack of precipitation or just not cold enough re temps/dp?

just said the higher the ground, the better the chance, still showed the large chunk of showers over the eastern part later this evening, but like i said before, i'll believe it when i see it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

pad199207 wrote: »
    Either we have to be patient and wait for this afternoon or this is just like any other NWly. Soggy and pure mush as usual.

It's starting to look that way. Never expected anything here until later this afternoon but resigned now that will be lucky to see a few flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Nothing in drogheda yet just light drizzle:( dew points are at 1 still :(

It's starting to look that way. Never expected anything here until later this afternoon but resigned now that will be lucky to see a few flakes.

Ah no I think there will be fun and games later on this afternoon and evening

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Keep the faith!

Have a look here: http://en.sat24.com/en/eu/infraPolair

What's over us at the moment, now, is milder stuff/rain....which will clear south.

Off the north/northwest coast there are snow showers....these will move south during the morning.

Further north again, halfway to Iceland, is the interesting stuff (for us in the East)....this is (should be) a more organised band of snow showers/snow which should move south/be over Ireland later in the day/evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Relax chaps. Wave looks to have tracked a little further north with some milder air entrained. This precio will begin to fall as sleet and snow later this morning as it clears the the Arctic air will extend countrywide with showers turning to sleet and snow

• Advertisement

I think people need to cool the jets, from what I saw most of the snow was due from around midday, there was always talk of rain / sleet preceding snowfall. The funny thing is that the east now seems to be the place being mentioned for snow particularly this evening and tonight. It was always seen initially as the place getting the least.
    I agree. Latest met forecast for Dublin does say snow this evening with accumulations at low levels also says rain this morning so looks spot on so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement