Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A nice covering of snow in Castlebar currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Friend who's lecturer in meteorology. Few sleety showers, Wicklow mountains will get some decent accumulation but not flat land.

And if we do get it, will you call your friend a bluffer or someone just trying to play the odds game?

Its alot easier to say we won't get it,  as odds are always against getting it.
    Sensitive bunch in here this morning... Is there money riding on this or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Heavy sleet turning to snow now in NW Donegal. Had a couple of showers earlier but this looks like the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

pad199207 wrote: »
    Sorry but I bet his 89 year old neighbour knows a lot more about weather than you probably do! Seriously like? Keep that kinda crap out of here.

That is true, they had no weather models or decent technology to make their forecasts.
    I will say what my mother would say about snow that sticks and not in a hurry to melt 'it is waiting for more snow'.
    My snow is hanging around, obviously waiting for this evening's event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Yeah was just giving some really informed opinions in this cluster of speculation. Don't shoot the messenger amiright?

Sure there's always next year and I'm sure us in Dublin will see some nice pictures of other snowy counties on the six one, there's that at least.

But you didnt give an inform opinion, you just made a random statement. Explain why he said it and his reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Xenji wrote: »
    A nice covering of snow in Castlebar currently.

Lovely. Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Over in Bettystown and as I look north there seems to plenty of snow on the mountains along the border

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

pad199207 wrote: »
    Sorry but I bet his 89 year old neighbour knows a lot more about weather than you probably do! Seriously like? Keep that kinda crap out of here.

handbag-o.gif

Reati wrote: »
    Sensitive bunch in here this morning... Is there money riding on this or something?

It was a simple question that he didn't reply to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Over in Bettystown and as I look north there seems to plenty of snow on the mountains along the border

Laytown friend :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Not what I wanted to hear as that is where I am headed. Leaving Heathrow now but was booked on a later flight, no cancellations announced but when I called Aerlingus said most flights post 4pm are already impacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wicklows have a dusting

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deatr

Laytown friend :pac:

Laytown friend x 2 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Snowing in Donoughmore now, starting to stick to cars

• Registered Users Posts: 41 quizzical

No snow what so ever in Limerick City just rain GUTTED!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Getting even brighter in South Dublin, the brief drizzle overnight has dried off the ground. Still a complete low cloud blanket, but threatening to break up. If this 3pm thing comes to pass, it'll be carnage on the road home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Looking across the Irish sea, Scotland seems to have got snow but England seems to be getting rain, that is looking at the likes of Manchester, London, Newcastle etc. Seems to be milder in England.
    I am sure the highlands in Scotland are getting a good pasting mind you

seamus wrote: »
    Getting even brighter in South Dublin, the brief drizzle overnight has dried off the ground. Still a complete low cloud blanket, but threatening to break up. If this 3pm thing comes to pass, it'll be carnage on the road home this evening.

Jaysus, what are people expecting, 1ft of snow or something.

After 3pm there MAYBE showers, not a constant downpour of snow, that was never forecasted.

No need to worry Sé, I gave the conclusive update a few posts back. You'll be home having tea and bickies at your usual time.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

My cousin in Manchester has snow. Its getting to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Should head up to Jonny foxes and check the weather rock. Might give the most accurate predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

MissMoc wrote: »
    Not what I wanted to hear as that is where I am headed. Leaving Heathrow now but was booked on a later flight, no cancellations announced but when I called Aerlingus said most flights post 4pm are already impacted.

Two dub-heathrow in afternoon and evening cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

Jaysus, what are people expecting, 1ft of snow or something.

After 3pm there MAYBE showers, not a constant downpour of snow, that was never forecasted.

Heavy rain is enough for carnage on the M50. It won't take much snow to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

No need to worry Sé, I gave the conclusive update a few posts back. You'll be home having tea and bickies at your usual time.

I really admire your faith in your lecturer friend - but I also hope he is wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Glorious sunny day here in the north east

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

No snow In de coolies - Dundalk! As yet angways

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Snow!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Snowing in Cork City - Birthday Snow!

MissMoc wrote: »
    I really admire your faith in your lecturer friend - but I also hope he is wrong...

Ah yeah, a lot of conjecture out there mate, the key is to listen to the *right* people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

northgirl wrote: »
    Snowing in Cork City - Birthday Snow!

thats the best sorta snow! Happy Birthday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement