Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Heavy snow in Dingle now. Dusting on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭TheBody

Beautiful sunny day here in Longford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Snowing in Sligo town since 12pm- just hail before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Snow shower about 11 am in Fermoy, nothing sticking to the ground, but now at 12.30 I can see blue sky and it is brightening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

leahyl wrote: »
    My American friend living here always says that Cork people are still talking about "that time we had that snow" on Christmas Day about 12 years ago!! It was literally a sprinkling, she's used to feet of snow where she's from!

One of our directors is from CA and she screamed and said it was snowing outside. All the irish in the office were like, meh! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Blizzard and near-white out at my level here. The wind rose suddenly and that unmistakable pattering of snow on roof and glass.

I was out at the back just before this, as long as I could stand the cold, And never in all my life have I seen anything as unutterably beautiful as the range of mountains circling us to the west. Pure dense white against dark grey clouds

On every side now,some snow lower than I have ever seen it to the north and must be near road level an to the west a deep glory .

Kerry; if this is your goodbye to me. THANK YOU! As if i would ever forget the sheer glory here. You know I did not and do not want to leave! Breaks my heart,

If this is your way to stop me leaving, LET ME GO! PLEASE!

In all my years here I have never seen snow like this...

And sorry; no photos.i cannot sort my camera on the chromebook

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

That's very promising given an daingean is right on the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Are you sure you're not mistaken, davidsr20 says there is no snow anywhere:D

The snow is starting to stick in parts of the west and northwest, but i suppose if it's not snowing in someones back garden, it's all blown out of proportion:D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Hooter23 wrote: »
    a463c484b357e7d8c39eb7f33bad6c0c149f1d5d4443c725427158531936f270_1.jpg

I made a snowman in Galway:rolleyes:

BRILLIANT 😂😂

Mc Love wrote: »
    One of our directors is from CA and she screamed and said it was snowing outside. All the irish in the office were like, meh! :D

They were all engrossed in boards.ie obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Heavy shower and stuck due to intensity but will probably melt again once the shower passes through. Nice to see all the same. Edit: sun now out and melting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

This is the feature from the low that us in the east were anticipating, not anything early on so I don't know what all the fuss is about from the drop ins :rolleyes:

I'd imagine low ground will see a dusting from this and the good dew points should help the snow not turn straight to slush. Wicklow tomorrow for a nice hike :)
    406177.png

406178.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Reati wrote: »
    Ah! There is no show like a boards.ie no snow. No different to any other dull Jan morning.

Come here and say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Over in Bettystown and as I look north there seems to plenty of snow on the mountains along the border

Mountains up north considerably whiter now, they had disappeared into a black cloud about 15-20mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

Iancar29 wrote: »
    This is the feature from the low that us in the east were anticipating, not anything early on so I don't know what all the fuss is about from the drop ins :rolleyes:

I'd imagine low ground will see a dusting from this and the good dew points should help the snow not turn straight to slush. Wicklow tomorrow for a nice hike :)
    406177.png

406178.png

Someone who talks sense finally!!! Getting annoyed by all these no snow here posts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Fast%20snow_zpsfl6cjqa3.jpg

Had some fast snow near Lough Derg a couple of minutes ago and now it is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Are you sure you're not mistaken, davidsr20 says there is no snow anywhere:D

The snow is starting to stick in parts of the west and northwest, but i suppose if it's not snowing in someones back garden, it's all blown out of proportion:D

For all the hype yes it is. And I said no snow in the west where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

heffoo wrote: »
    Someone who talks sense finally!!! Getting annoyed by all these no snow here posts

So looking at a chart of what might happen is more relevant to you than what is actually happening in the here-and-now?

How is reality not 'sense'?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

There looks to be a heavy snow shower at the minute north of bettystown, can see the snow falling against the black sky behind it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Big heavy dirty shower of rain in louisburgh co. Mayo,

http://m.met.ie/forecast-regional.aspx?region=Munster

Now that's a great lunch time read

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Starting to snow on the cavan meath border

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just the 153,000+ views of this thread so far in 51 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

As expected nothing but hail here in Donegal, showers not even that heavy or intense. Meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Light snow beginning to fall in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Not looking good for Dublin - chance of slight accumulations :(

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Dublin
    Dublin
    12 January 2017- updated at 13:00
    Today

Bitterly cold today with bright spells and a few wintry showers, these isolated at first. There is the chance of more frequent wintry showers this evening with falls of sleet and snow possible and the risk of slight accumulations of snow. Fresh to strong west or north-westerly winds with maximum afternoon temperatures of 2 degrees.

Tonight

Wintry showers for a time overnight with falls of sleet or snow possible with the chance of slight accumulations of snow. The showers are expected to become isolated soon after midnight. Very cold overnight with minimum temperatures of minus 1 degree. Strong and gusty northwesterly winds.

Tomorrow

Friday, will be cold and breezy, with bright spells and scattered wintry showers. But some decent dry spells too, with some sunshine. Top temperatures 2 to 5 degrees in fresh northwesterly winds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Lick o' paint on the hills round south Limerick -

16105839_10155048922969653_2634895715276973628_n_zpspsbfbt86.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Had a heavy snow showers is bishopstown cork. More snow clouds around!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement