Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

snaps wrote: »
    Meanwhile in Southern Poland today.....

406188.jpg
    You looking for a ban!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Reati wrote: »
    Blistering sun just came out here in Dublin. Not a flake though! Anyone pictures of Dublin / Wicklow Mountains?

Blistering?? It's bloody cold, might be sunny but there's barely any heat from it at all (you know what I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

You must find this thread hilarious today, people hoping for a glimpse of snow and then losing the head with excitement when they see a few flakes, while you're over there buried in it, ha

No, Not at all...I just move onto this......

406189.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

MJohnston wrote: »
    Blistering sun just came out here in Dublin. Not a flake though! Anyone pictures of Dublin / Wicklow Mountains?

Blistering?? It's bloody cold, might be sunny but there's barely any heat from it at all (you know what I mean)
    You're just a cold person :P It's just over 3 degrees!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You're just a cold person :P It's just over 3 degrees!

Scorchio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Snowing just north of Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

snaps wrote: »
    No, Not at all...I just move onto this......

406189.jpg
    What a glorious sight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

So much snow in Portland they had to close the zoo. A worker skied in to check on the animals and to film this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

'Grapel' has turned to snow here again but not very heavy. It is very dark though so hoping for a clap of thunder to spice things up a bit.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Starting to get some proper snow showers now around Tralee , quick moving atm though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Thank chrisht me weatherstation is back working.
    Temp is 1.6c and dewpoint is -3.5c
    Sunny in South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

That polar low looks quite menacing to say the least. She's spreading her wings and ready to pounch soon. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Nothing to report here in Waterford, sunshine and light cloud cover, light NW breeze and no precipitation in the last hour. Nice dusting on the Comeraghs, there's a RAV4 up the back being prepped for a spin up the hills tonight. For more in depth analysis please refer to MickGer844posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Surprise sun snow shower here in Cork. Very odd. :O

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

fine day here, sunny, cold, not a cloud in the sky. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing showers here for quite some time, showers breaking up as approach the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Weird here - was in Sligo Town earlier and there's a good dusting - slushy too and Ben Bulben is peppered but out in South Sligo there's nothing on the hills and just a few passing showers - strange for an orange warning - is there more to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Pretzill wrote: »
    Weird here - was in Sligo Town earlier and there's a good dusting - slushy too and Ben Bulben is peppered but out in South Sligo there's nothing on the hills and just a few passing showers - strange for an orange warning - is there more to come?
    Polar low still to come. I think that's my favorite word today.

Couple of light snow flurries in Dundalk. Hasn't really started yet I think. Evening into the night hours will hopefully see more activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Hail here in north Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Sunny here in beautiful downtown Mulhuddart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Light snow in Ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Showers should start to pep up a little in N/NW'ern counties in the next 2 to 3 hours or so as a small trough feature approaches.

3hr_rain.gif

Watch out for a small area of severe winds in the NE later this afternoon too.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That low has some lightning detected in front of now, it looks beautiful, but will it deliver? that is the quesion!

Sat image and radar:

12117WEB_sat_ir_eur.jpg

Radar12117_1350.png

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Heavy snow starting here again, up high between Youghal and Dungarvan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sitting in Knock airport at the momennt, a small dusting around and a few flurries, but otherwise nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dublin-heatrow flights grounded
    i hope it clears up by sunday :(:(:(

http://www.rte.ie/news/weather/2017/0112/844348-winter-weather/

Shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

Snowing on and off here all morning but nothing sticking. Just got a better of a snow shower now- white out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Samash wrote: »
    Snowing on and off here all morning but nothing sticking. Just got a better of a snow shower now- white out :D

Where are you based? Doesn't show on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Words of the day in our big snow event, tiny flakes,sleet,rain,dusting,north west and higher ground :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where are you based? Doesn't show on my phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement