Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

Newmarket 228m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 46,055 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I don't know what all the fuss is about from the drop ins :rolleyes:
    Wasn't aware that this was your private party.

Apologies, I wont bother any of you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Samash wrote: »
    Newmarket 228m asl

It's getting closer. Been the same hear near mallow with just sleet and odd snow flakes.looks like it's getting better.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

muffler wrote: »

Ah Muffler...you are welcome here. :)

It's getting closer. Been the same hear near mallow with just sleet and odd snow flakes.looks like it's getting better.

White now but hail for now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭TheBody

Finally starting to snow here in Longford. It's very gentle though. Maybe it'll pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

I demand to know (to the nearest second) when I'll have snow in Waterford !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

And in breaking (not faking) news, there's still not a flake in Firhouse folks!!!!

Sigh. I know it's coming later but was hoping for something tasty today......

Rain today has nothing coming our way for the foreseeable either.....

Where are you based? Doesn't show on my phone

All stopped again now with the sun trying to come out :mad: but thinking the best of this event will be tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,026 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Snow shield up for most of Leinster, a sparkling afternoon here in west Dublin, even warmed up a degree to a balmy 3.5C.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

muffler wrote: »

MUFFLER; we need you!

Samash wrote: »
    All stopped again now with the sun trying to come out :mad: but thinking the best of this event will be tonight

Lashing snow here now. Wow in the wind!

Lashing snow here now. Wow in the wind!

Tried to get out to take a pic but the wind nearly blew the face off me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

A big mass on the radar heading my direction, hopefully it produces, but the hills to my West might take the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Off for the night... been cleaning etc and am bushed. Just sent my man with a van a quick email so we shall see.

Stay safe and may enough of your snowdreams come true to satfisfy and delight

Blessings and peace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭mojesius

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Snow shield up for most of Leinster, a sparkling afternoon here in west Dublin, even warmed up a degree to a balmy 3.5C.

Time I get the BBQ and factor 15 out :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Larbre34 wrote: »

I'm wondering will this trough from the north-west will even make it this far without losing all it's punch. Almost spring like day here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Not a cloud in the sky here on kildare/Laois border lovely day ..a bit on the cold side but sun shining 🙄

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Gone down to 1 celcius here in Clare
    That's according to my car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Looks like just a few fairly light bands of snow showers, so far.
    Arriving towards the main population centers on the East Coast just after 3pm

OV6UV8F.png

Here comes mr sun. If it's like this for the evening happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Up to 5 C here in Fermoy, dark and raining now, from bright and sunny 30 min ago.

Gosh I typed too soon, the rain just changed to snow. Rapidly changing conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Send it down to us Munsterlegend....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Looks like just a few fairly light bands of snow showers, so far.
    Arriving towards the main population centers on the East Coast just after 3pm

OV6UV8F.png

Hope you're right. I packed wellies and waterproofs in the bike for collecting the kids from creche. will have some seriously unhappy anklebiters if they think i've been telling lies. They were soooooooo disappointed this morning to wake up to green garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Lads we broke sat24.com

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

VERY LIGHTLY snowing in cork city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Snow again in Cork city..howling wind also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Really miserable out, the ground is wet and sleet and hail falling, even if proper snow does come I can't see it sticking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Think band-A is breaking up a little, still would be unlucky not to see a few 15mins worth of showers around N.Dublin
    band-B looks a bit better maybe heading S.Dublin or Wicklow direction, then there's always band-C...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement