Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

The Shower cleared now we're low lying and left a couple of cm after the snow shower its heading towards dublin don't loose hope yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Wow. The showers are really breaking up fast as they cross the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Snowing in Waterford City

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Sky filling in.. Temp 2.7c DP. -0.3c .. Hoping to see a few flakes here in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

It's not sticking. The snow just comes in short, medium-volume bursts then goes, and that snow has all melted by the time the next shower has arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Snowing in Waterford City

So it is.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Nice big chunky snow flakes in Cavan now!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

And...... It's stopped in Waterford City. Nice build up of cloud though so hopefully more to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Is this coming towards Dublin no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

That was a quick shower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Very heavy showers just outside Moycullen for last hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Hi guys, got about an inch or so lying right now, earlier mostly graupel now proper snow. Amazing to see 40 odd pages on here since I was last on at 7 this morning lol. Here are a couple of quick snaps.

IMG_20170112_160220_zpsyy6b0dm7.jpg

IMG_20170112_160109_zpsfqsni9ln.jpg

IMG_20170112_160303_zpss5w6ykre.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Snowing in Tipp. Near Tipp Town. Big heavy flakes. Not sticking though as the ground is too wet.

Snowbiee21 wrote: »

If it gets past that snow shield. It was snowing in Ashbourne not long ago so just maybe strong enough to pass the force of the shield!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Nice big chunky snow flakes in Cavan now!

Yeah. Think I will have to leave work early to get home. Its starting to stick in the town so god only knows what it is like out my way (out in the sticks :):) )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Snowbiee21 wrote: »

doubt it. The really big showers aren't even making it past the Cavan/Meath border. They survive intact as far as Cavan/Monaghan and then break up very quickly. We will be extremely lucky to even see a few flakes later. What we've seen so far is probably as good as it's going to get across the country. High ground in the north-west is probably the only places that will see measurable snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭jirafa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Snowing here but overall, this is turning out very disappointing, even for a NW'ly. Even the westerly snow showers over the last few winters brought more than what today has produced so far.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Gonzo wrote: »
    doubt it. The really big showers aren't even making it past the Cavan/Meath border. They survive intact as far as Cavan/Monaghan and then break up very quickly. We will be extremely lucky to even see a few flakes later. What we've seen so far is probably as good as it's going to get across the country. High ground in the north-west is probably the only places that will see measurable snow.

The 5pm shower did not make it and the one behind looks weaker. Just running out of moisture before it gets to the pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Does anyone know is there a warm sector in this band coming?
    I see that Westport was having snow and now its having rain, plus Newport, Claremorris and Knock went up 1C in the last 2 hours too. Im still waiting for the temp to drop to 0C so the snow starts sticking here in Athenry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

At the risk of being scoffed at, accuweather has "snow, heavy at times" hitting Dublin in about 80 minutes. We shall see.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

fraxinus1 wrote: »
    You do know that if people are moaning it's because they are disappointed. Bitterly disappointed. Surely we are allowed to express our disappointment? I have read (and posted) some 'moaning posts' but these posts contained nothing offensive or what goes against boards rules. We are frustrated. And surely that proves how passionate we are about snow?

The reason they are deleted :

Poster 1 : Blah Blah Blah where is my snow
    Poster 2 : No one said there would be snow
    Poster 3 : I knew this would never happen , waste of time people building this up are blah blah blah
    Poster 1 I was told there would be snow by X time
    Poster 3 there will be no snow , too much Atlantic mixing Ive said it all along

Anyway thats how it will go , then there will be name calling , bitter posts and lot more work for us underpaid mods to do ( Its voluntary )

So there you have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Gonzo have you built a shield in your garden???:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Does anyone know is there a warm sector in this band coming?
    I see that Westport was having snow and now its having rain, plus Newport, Claremorris and Knock went up 1C in the last 2 hours too. Im still waiting for the temp to drop to 0C so the snow starts sticking here in Athenry.

GFS has a smaller warmish sector moving down associated with that trough. Looks like cooling down again shortly afterwards

850temp_005.jpg?2017011212

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Heavy snow in Athlone now, sticking too. Patience, my pretties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Ninja snow in co. Waterford. My nephew was amazed his first time seeing snow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Just started snowing in Athlone but not sticking yet.

Anything out of that shower over sligo?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Still beautiful azure skies here in Dublin South. There was a lovely big chunk of precipitation caught on the radar @ 15:30 that literally vanished as it passed over Meath. Couple of bigger bands en route, but I'm far less optimistic than I was 24 hours ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Temp down to 0.8c and dewpoint -4.0c all I need now is A BIT OF FLIPPIN SNOW

SOUTH DUBLIN 260M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement