Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Glen of Aherlow, Co.Tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Saw a flash lightening before the shower hit here. Very heavy snow now will add to what fell earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Have sat at window here in South Dub. all day. Guess what? Not a single flake.

likewise on the window thing!

I got all excited when I saw a big white thing falling from the sky.. blinkin bird poop slapped the window instead..

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Snow showers on and off all day in Donoughmore, Co Cork. Hasnt been able to stick, just a little on the grass. Blue skies intermittent. Be interesting to see what it looks like as temps drop later.
    Same in Bweeng, mountain with masts looks like there is a fair bit of snow on them ... as you say later will be interesting! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Hail blizzard in NW Cork 20 mins ago. Roads are white now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

chubbs2011 wrote: »
    Dark blue clouds appearing in North Kildare, outside temp of 0.5 and dropping

Started snowing 10 mins ago in Kinnegad so if we don't use it all up you should have some coming your way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

After what happened in 2010, ye Dubs should not be complaining until around 2050 :p

I would not be complaining if I took some pictures during it to say the least. Silly me didn't take any :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

Snowing in Offaly now

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Raining in Galway wow they really got this arse ways again. Polar what?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'd be very surprised if something does not make it through this evening/tonight. May just be a flurry, or, may be something heavier (if a trough gets its act together).

1.3c DP -1.1c here in Dublin 16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Way too early to call that. From what i understand the front is just moving across the country now i.e the main event is about to happen, lets see if any snow makes it to Dublin.

And if it doesn't, what then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Hey o from South East Meath.
    <insert some local slang and trivia here>
    These are the results of the South East Meath jury.

Snow: 0 points
    Windy: 2 point
    Dark: 10 points
    Cold: 12 points

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

might be wishful thinking but there's a dirty big cloud closing in on leopardstown now. hard to tell if it's a snow cloud as it's dark out :(
    please please please please be snow. won't someone think of my kids?

Eh?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It doesn't....so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It doesn't....so what.

If it doesn't then jump in the car or on a bus and go to where it is!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Emmmm we build that big bridge and walk over it

Looks like the band of snow that hit us in Kinnegad is fizzling out but on the radar looks like the next band moving could be a bit juicier :D

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Lol I remember year's ago, I was about 9 and Woodcock Hill in Clare was covered in snow.
    My friends parents brought them up for a few hours.

My dad wouldn't bring me I roared the house down, felt like the world was crashing all around me.

Had a total break down lol

It still effects me 

I was one of those kids who cried at the end of the snowman....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

sjb25 wrote: »
    Emmmm we build that big bridge and walk over it

Bridge to Iceland maybe?

• Advertisement

Lol I remember year's ago, I was about 9 and Woodcock Hill in Clare was covered in snow.
    My friends parents brought them up for a few hours.

My dad wouldn't bring me I roared the house down, felt like the world was crashing all around me.

Had a total break down lol

It still effects me :)

Hopefully we won't see a relapse of that:D

Snowing again in Cavan:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

OMG some flakes of snow. Hilarious reactions to **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

you can get a Ryanair flight to Romania or Alps for 20 quid on their deals page if anyone's interested..

:D

OMG some flakes of snow. Hilarious reactions to **** all.

Ok I'll bite :D.

Obviously being a **** gets you all excited Harry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Any horsey people? See Chelmsford! !! Unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 chubbs2011

started in north Kildare now, nothing too heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I genuinely hope the forum has been infiltrated by gangs of 10-15 year olds. I actually can't understand how grown adults come out with some of the garbage posted in this thread today.

A huge number of people need to learn to both listen to and read forecasts, be it from knowledgeable heads on here or a national forecasting body. At no point was there anything more than OTT wishful scenarios that led to Dublin or other far East regions receiving endless snow today, let alone before later this evening.

There are still hours and hours left for favorable NW regions to see some acummulations and maybe a sneaky few flurries/something better elsewhere.

And if you generalize a whole countries weather based on it not snowing in your garden in Ballybackarse of nowhere, hit the log out button and save us the "non-event" moan.

Best of luck to everyone on here for a bit of snow for the rest of the evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

None here :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement