Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Radar looking much better for a dublin shower. Unless meath takes it all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Any horsey people? See Chelmsford! !! Unbelievable!

Neigh !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

RuthieRose wrote:
    Hopefully we won't see a relapse of that

I'll have a melt down.....Get it hur Hur Hur ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

John.Icy wrote: »
    I genuinely hope the forum has been infiltrated by gangs of 10-15 year olds. I actually can't understand how grown adults come out with some of the garbage posted in this thread today.

A huge number of people need to learn to both listen to and read forecasts, be it from knowledgeable heads on here or a national forecasting body. At no point was there anything more than OTT wishful scenarios that led to Dublin or other far East regions receiving endless snow today, let alone before later this evening.

There are still hours and hours left for favorable NW regions to see some acummulations and maybe a sneaky few flurries/something better elsewhere.

And if you generalize a whole countries weather based on it not snowing in your garden in Ballybackarse of nowhere, hit the log out button and save us the "non-event" moan.

Best of luck to everyone on here for a bit of snow for the rest of the evening!

Thats all well and good but consider this: what if one MUST have snow? What then eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

OMG some flakes of snow. Hilarious reactions to **** all.

Again just now , yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

Got snow for a while but not much accumulation and now it seems to have stopped... This fecken country is fierce lousey... I wish we got a lot more snow. Only a bunch of them fools in the north and Kerry getting snow, I hope they get a cold from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Officially freezing here (Kilkenny hills north east of the city) the snow from the morning had melted at my altitude of 722ft, but went for a wlk up the hills, and there are bits of snow at 800ft, snow in the ditches at 850ft and fields still white above 900ft.

btw weather station remains optimistic with it's forecast as it gave an upgrade on earlier which was unsettled, precipitation later to the upgrade of occasional precipitation, worsening.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

jprboy wrote: »
    Neigh !
    Boom boom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Thats all well and good but consider this: what if one MUST have snow? What then eh?

Make it out of your freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lookin well there alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trough line holding up, should be something for Dub in next hour. 6 - 12am max activity for all areas.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Lookin well there alright.
    Think it'll get abandoned lad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Just watching it here, I'm hoping it won't be called off, waiting on the 7 o clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I see what look to be some big nasty clouds coming towards Dublin from the northwest, I'm in Rush and have a pretty decent view all directions from my attic,

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Brother just informed me snowing again in Waterford City (Six cross roads area)

I'm in ballygunner area Waterford City and clear skies! Can see clouds rolling in from the distance

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Horsing down snow now here in NW Cork. Roads are getting very slippery also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

This site which has bands of showers hitting Dublin within an hour. Hopefully it's accurate.

http://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Light snow flurry.
    Suncroft kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭andygaw

John.Icy wrote: »
    I genuinely hope the forum has been infiltrated by gangs of 10-15 year olds. I actually can't understand how grown adults come out with some of the garbage posted in this thread today.

A huge number of people need to learn to both listen to and read forecasts, be it from knowledgeable heads on here or a national forecasting body. At no point was there anything more than OTT wishful scenarios that led to Dublin or other far East regions receiving endless snow today, let alone before later this evening.

There are still hours and hours left for favorable NW regions to see some acummulations and maybe a sneaky few flurries/something better elsewhere.

And if you generalize a whole countries weather based on it not snowing in your garden in Ballybackarse of nowhere, hit the log out button and save us the "non-event" moan.

Best of luck to everyone on here for a bit of snow for the rest of the evening!

But the Ballybackarse of nowhere is somewhere surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

This site which has bands of showers hitting Dublin within an hour. Hopefully it's accurate.

http://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall
    Thanks for that. But Jesus it looks very amateurish..

• Advertisement

Watching At The Races for the weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

RobertKK wrote: »
    Watching At The Races for the weather...

Don't get mixed up with meydan. No snow there!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

nVPmHI.pngHello

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Gerry Murphy,this evening.

waves at polar low*
    well hello,wont you come dance with me?
    splosh* spolsh* splosh*

Just watching it here, I'm hoping it won't be called off, waiting on the 7 o clock!
    Best of luck...What's the tip ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

In my totally uneducated opinion I reckon the flow of the trough which is almost directly from the Northwest gives Dublin a great chance of catching some showers as the land area it crosses is a lot less due to Donegal bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Thanks for that. But Jesus it looks very amateurish..

...if it shows snow hitting the Ballybackarse of nowhere then it's the best site in the world as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

chubbs2011 wrote: »
    started in north Kildare now, nothing too heavy

where exactly??!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Anyone know of any webcams located in areas where snow is falling?

• Advertisement

Don't get mixed up with meydan. No snow there!

...or Gulfstream where the horses fly.

Anyway I think most places will get some snow even if very little.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement