Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Sandyford Dublin 18

You weren't lying about the photos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

You weren't lying about the photos :)

😜😔

😜😔

What is that? It always just shows up as weird symbols?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So whats the nowcast for overnight generally speaking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

I haven't a clue.
    Its probably, I haven't a clue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

mobile device emojis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

First bit of white stuff sticking tonight - it's white and a surprise but it's not really snow - more like a hail splatter after the storm

But I'll take it! :)

P.
    South Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Nice and clear here. I love the clearness. It feels empty and lonely. Like i'm missing out. D13 area. Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The term 'blizzard-like' really has been overused IN this thread, a flurry of snow for five minutes that melts in 10 isn't a blizzard lads , for feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Thanks to all of you guys for everything today,updates,charts,photos,your all awesome,time for bed,peace to yous all,stay safe

• Advertisement

The midlands are looking good for some action soon. I'm sure our Tullamore correspondent will accurately report accumulations in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

Just wet and windy here in Shankill D18.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

ms-CPZ5Un.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

I'm old enough to remember the excitement of waking up to an unexpected covering of snow. Now it's 3 days of weather warnings followed by 48 hours of an addiction to the weather forum on boards.ie with 5 minutes of a snow/hail mix followed by cold rain. Then it's back to FI forum to see when it'll start all over again. The good old days really were the best.

Mooro wrote: »
    I'm old enough to remember the excitement of waking up to an unexpected covering of snow. Now it's 3 days of weather warnings followed by 48 hours of an addiction to the weather forum on boards.ie with 5 minutes of a snow/hail mix followed by cold rain. Then it's back to FI forum to see when it'll start all over again. The good old days really were the best.

I loved those olden days too, but I also love the modern thrill of the chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Nice blob of snow ( if the radar is accurate) moving down the midwest.
    Looks fairly heavy.

406269.jpg

lolie wrote: »
    Nice blob of snow ( if the radar is accurate) moving down the midwest.
    Looks fairly heavy.

Yep the mild sector has fecked off now so precip inland should be leaning more towards proper snow.

Birr would be a good place to be right now, living up to it's name :p

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

If the giant blob of snow currently over the mid west made it to Dublin that could be interesting .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If the giant blob of snow currently over the mid west made it to Dublin that could be interesting .

Ha. It won't though, it'll head off into the sea off Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A night of sudden squalls then silence again. Snow landscape clear in the moonlight.

When I closed down, it was snowing hard at this level and showing signs of sticking ,but thankfully it has not.

Mountains are a fine sight but good to look at not to be stuck in. Best of it here,

Lovely that so many of the little ones got to enjoy the rarity; some beautiful posts and photos

BITTER BITTER cold.

Man with van has confirmed his arrival so all seems well

Sleep time again here

Blessings and peace

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Wet sleet mush falling now in NW Cork. Stretches of road >230m are white, with temp hovering around 0C. Below that it's a slushy mix on the road. Not nice for driving on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Its over for the time being.... roll on the Beast:eek:

Surprise(kinda) fall of snow here, hope it's not frozen onto the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Up feeding the baby and the velux are completely covered with snow so we had more during the night! Amazing. Youghal/Dungarvan area.

Nothing like frozen snow and black ice to make the morning commute more interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Slight dusting overnight. Offaly. Will take a pic and frame it because it wil be gone by 8. Could be it for this winter. Reverse psychology and all that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Rougies wrote: »
    I loved those olden days too, but I also love the modern thrill of the chase.

It's like one of those bargain alerts chases for something thats out of stock e everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Over an inch on the ground here beside the river such this morning. Just went out to start the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Over an inch on the ground here beside the river such this morning. Just went out to start the car.

Suck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Going to bed last night there was a good dusting outside. This morning about 35 mm and the whole place is white. 600 ft asl between Beal na Blath and Colleen, Co. Cork.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement