Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widespread Snow Showers Thurs 12th/Fri 13th Jan 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The colours mean the amount of percipation, not the nature of it.

Can't see it snowing here at 9 am due to temps/dp

Villain wrote: »
    Met E downgrades probably based the slight downgrade on 12z Harmonie which has less in way of snow

Where can I see the harmonie? Is this since their earlier warnings?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dewpoint down to +2c here in West Clare, temperature is +7.5 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Just got very windy here in North West wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭feardeas

I'm the equivalent to a card carrying violent atheist in Peter's Basilica here. This chat frightens the you know what out of me.

After 2010/2011 if I never saw the stuff again I wouldn't be sorry. However to those of you looking forward to it at least some will enjoy if it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

This event looks like it could be quite marginal for us in the south unfortunately, temps appear to be too high (away from high ground of course). All online weather forecasts for Cork seem to be showing rain/wintry mix at best.

Looks like it's game on for the north and west though. Dublin and north Leinster especially could be in for a surprise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Just had a little flurry here...nothing dramatic though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

Dublin Volmet reporting 0 deg dewpoint at Dublin airport now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Wouldn't it be lovely though,dirty brown snow clouds on the horizon drifting inwards.....

DellyBelly wrote:

Where are you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

DellyBelly wrote:

You're the fursth so

Where are you?

I'm in my kitchen at the moment but it has stopped snowing now. As isaid it wasn't much to write home about...

DellyBelly wrote:
    I'm in my kitchen at the moment but it has stopped snowing now. As isaid it wasn't much to write home about...

Are you taking the pisht?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,152 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I'm in my kitchen at the moment

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Villain wrote: »
    Met E downgrades probably based the slight downgrade on 12z Harmonie which has less in way of snow

perhaps to bring a reality check, some locals here are expecting eastern european style scenes here tomorrow as soon as met eireann and the papers mentioned the words 'wintry showers' and 'snow'.

The main thing here over past 24 hours has been the wind, much stronger than I expected especially last night. Today has been dry, mostly clear and sunny all day, feeling cool in that strong wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Knock airport reporting a shower of sleet at 4pm
    Temperature 4c dewpoint 1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Not enough to write home so instead to write to the whole world :D

No as in where in the country? Lol. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

If you were to write home, where would you be addressing the envelope to?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wind and rain here at the mo in Sligo. Few gaps in the clouds although darker dirtier ones moving in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Tomorrow evening looks interesting on latest HIRLAM as a feature moves across the country.

LEsB5m0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Guys if you are going to post about snow or any weather related news will you PLEASE put in the location you are in, its a pain when posters don't say where they are located, just the town or county will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Windy and cold rain at the moment. 5 degrees in co Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Met Eireann say there will persistent rain and sleet across Munster and South Leinster tomorrow morning with risk of snow especially as it clears.

I have found this site very good before for predicting precipitation. I think it's hirlam.

Nedbor means precipitation.

https://www.dmi.dk/vejr/til-lands/vejrkort/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭fraxinus1

Gonzo wrote:
    perhaps to bring a reality check, some locals here are expecting eastern european style scenes here tomorrow as soon as met eireann and the papers mentioned the words 'wintry showers' and 'snow'.

I don't think anyone on here is expecting that. I'm not even expecting any snow below 300 metres and even the snow that does fall over that height will be light and gone in a few hours. I'm in Donegal.

By midnight on Friday virtually the whole country ought to have seen snow accumulation according to HIRLAM (might be overdoing it but still very encouraging). :)

hirlamuk-45-35-0.png?11-17

If you were to write home, where would you be addressing the envelope to?

i really don't like ot give out my address on a public forum but I'm currently in the northwest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Starting to get dark outside as it's almost 4:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

fraxinus1 wrote: »
    Gonzo wrote:

I don't think anyone on here is expecting that. I'm not even expecting any snow below 300 metres and even the snow that does fall over that height will be light and gone in a few hours. I'm in Donegal.
    No Eastern European snow for us is correct but to think u won't have much and it will be gone by lunch time is jumping the gun. Given your location I'm betting u will have plenty of snow that will probably still be there by Saturday morning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement