Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf warranty?

• 10-01-2017 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭

Am I correct in thinking that the warranty on the Leaf is 3 years, and 5 on the battery?

My 3 years is up later in the year, and I've heard that Nissan offer extended warranties for around the €5-600 mark per year.

Has anybody taken an extended warranty? I've also read that parts are crazy expensive for EVs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

3 Years bumper to bumper.

5 Years on the powertrain including 70% capacity warranty on the 24kWh battery

8 Years on the powertrain including 70% capacity warranty on the 30kWh battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Is it true that the warranty is null and void if you don't turn the car in to a Nissan Dealership once/year for an annual service?

Can anyone remind me what the mileage limits are with those 3/5 year warranties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Yes, depends on the country of the original warranty but it's usually either 30,000km / 1 year or 50,000km / 1 year.

24kWh is 5 Year / 100,000km. 30kWh is 8 Year / 160,000km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Firblog

cros13 wrote: »
    Yes, depends on the country of the original warranty but it's usually either 30,000km / 1 year or 50,000km / 1 year.

24kWh is 5 Year / 100,000km. 30kWh is 8 Year / 160,000km.

Is the 30,000KM / 1 Year which ever comes first?

Firblog wrote: »
    Is the 30,000KM / 1 Year which ever comes first?

Yes.

• Advertisement

There's a lot of dealers, Barlo Nissan in Kilkenny being one, who will put a "next service due at 15,000 Kms, or 15,000 kms later" sticker on the windscreen. Even though I've had it out with them last year over this they continue to deceive people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

to keep the warranty valid, what are the minimum servicing intervals / mileage bands, that the car has to be presented for servicing

I have from new 2016, I'm a low mileage user maybe 10km a year

Is there a list of what should be carried out on each service Year 1, year 2 , yr3 etc

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is it true that the warranty is null and void if you don't turn the car in to a Nissan Dealership once/year for an annual service?

Can anyone remind me what the mileage limits are with those 3/5 year warranties?

I thought the EU deemed such practice to be illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sgalvin

ted1 wrote: »
    I thought the EU deemed such practice to be illegal

You don't have to get Nissan dealers to do the work but the work must be carried out to Nissan standards and use approved parts.

Your warranty contract is with the manufacturer not the dealer. Do what's in the warranty handbook not what the dealer says.

Considering the service labour involved is small and there isn't much choice but to use Nissan parts there isn't much to be saved by not going to Nissan.

If there is an issue later with warranty and there is a question about the quality of the service work done you don't stuck in the middle as it's Nissan Vs Nissan.

You can also push for goodwill outside warranty period with a full history.

Note: wear and tear items are not covered by warranty so buy brakes and tyres where you like.

sgalvin wrote: »
    You don't have to get Nissan dealers to do the work but the work must be carried out to Nissan standards and use approved parts.

Your warranty contract is with the manufacturer not the dealer. Do what's in the warranty handbook not what the dealer says.

Considering the service labour involved is small and there isn't much choice but to use Nissan parts there isn't much to be saved by not going to Nissan.

If there is an issue later with warranty and there is a question about the quality of the service work done you don't stuck in the middle as it's Nissan Vs Nissan.

You can also push for goodwill outside warranty period with a full history.

Note: wear and tear items are not covered by warranty so buy brakes and tyres where you like.

What parts are used for an non ICE service ?

129 quid for a year pollen filter ?
    Surky a remote diagnostic can be done via the onboard SIM card. So no need for the dealer to even plug into it.
    https://www.windsor.ie/special_offer_details.aspx?so=179

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

ted1 wrote: »
    What parts are used for an non ICE service ?

129 quid for a year pollen filter ?
    Surky a remote diagnostic can be done via the onboard SIM card. So no need for the dealer to even plug into it.
    https://www.windsor.ie/special_offer_details.aspx?so=179

I suspect the price is covering the dealer facility rate,

BoatMad wrote: »
    I suspect the price is covering the dealer facility rate,

Some rate. But seriously the whole service could be done via a remote diagnostic.

Th greatest issue I have with Barlo Nissan is the fact they try get people in every 15,000 kms which is completely dishonest. Even though I said this to them they still do it.

How many dealers do this ?

The 96 Euro's or whatever for the inspection I can definitely live with.

Yo will be hard pressed to find any dealer to take the leaf for it's inspection.

Advertisement