Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

10/11 last night only good enough for 3rd in our league! Gets me up to 3rd overall just a method of victory pick from 2nd but a whole half missed event off top spot still!

I'm off to Glasgow next weekend so really hope that not the week it starts to go downhill lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

jimmii wrote: »
    10/11 last night only good enough for 3rd in our league! Gets me up to 3rd overall just a method of victory pick from 2nd but a whole half missed event off top spot still!

I logged in earlier and when I saw 10 out 11 correct and all the big bonuses I got I thought "That'll be me well out in front for this event".

But it was only good enough for 4th!!!

I'm in a few other leagues as well but this one is far and away the toughest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Must be sickening to get 10/11 and not win the event, but I wouldn't know how that feels. ;)

Travis let down all my accumulators though so it's a hollow victory. If Edmond was in his corner last night, it'd be a totally different result. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

martyos121 wrote: »
    If Edmond was in his corner last night, it'd be a totally different result. :pac:

Ya if he was there Olienik might have won in round 1 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I'm off to Glasgow next weekend so really hope that not the week it starts to go downhill lol!

Fair play Jimmii, thats some going. A top 3 finish overall would be something else. I gave up after the fb fiasco, roll on next year!

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Fair play Jimmii, thats some going. A top 3 finish overall would be something else. I gave up after the fb fiasco, roll on next year!

Still a long way to go but it's fun being in the hunt! Played fantasy games forever and never really been near the top in the overalls I'll try not to get a nosebleed!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

The standards for this league are seriously high for such a small pool of people!

What fights did you guys miss last night? The werdum/overeem decision went the wrong way for me, same with mein/muhammad

amorgan wrote: »
    The standards for this league are seriously high for such a small pool of people!

What fights did you guys miss last night? The werdum/overeem decision went the wrong way for me, same with mein/muhammad

For some reason I went for Travis not sure what I was thinking lol! Pretty sure I could take him at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

amorgan wrote:

I went with Romero.

Reminder for UFC Glasgow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

jimmii wrote:
    Reminder for UFC Glasgow.

Onwards and upwards jimmii

Onwards and upwards jimmii

Definitely be happy with some upwards! Heading to it so be nice to pick up a good score! In the past I have always run pretty good in fantasy games for events I've actually been to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Was in contention and switched from ponzinibio 1st ko to gunni sub.. sick.

Was in contention and switched from ponzinibio 1st ko to gunni sub.. sick.

I changed to Craig late on too knew it wasn't too smart but didn't want to be the only person there hoping he didn't win lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Right apologies for delay was away the weekend.

results for gunnar VS ponzinhibio?

Screenshot%2043_zpsgr2gkvey.png

congrats to csallmighty winning with 2540 9/11 picks nice job
    call out for h0kee also 9/11 picks losses on bonuses.

csallmighty the trophy goes to you

the_best_trophy_zpsflnosbu1.jpg

edit:
    photobucket cant link pics gimme a bit to look around for new place to link from

Reminder for Weidman v Gastelum

Reminder for 214.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Anyone know an alternative to photo bucket, feckers charging now, makes throwing up the event results that much harder than it needs to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Imgur is pretty good from my very limited knowledge on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I echo imgur meself, use it pretty much any time I've thrown up an event thread.

• Advertisement

I've used postimage.org and tinypic with no problems.

I seem to be picking nothing but decisions on the undercard and nothing but KO/TKO's on the Main Card.

I've gone for 10 submissions, I assume everyone has done the same yeah? You'd be soft not to. ;)

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've gone for 10 submissions, I assume everyone has done the same yeah? You'd be soft not to. ;)

Lawler Cowboy to put on a mat clinic yeah :p

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Lawler Cowboy to put on a mat clinic yeah :p

Don't want to show my hand too much, but I think Robbie makes Donald tap with a Japanese necktie deep in the third after two and a half rounds of the latter dominating the clinch up against the cage.

Following that, Maia by KO early in the first of course. I see him landing a nice spinning wheel kick. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

Having a great night so far with both picks and beers. Really struggling with head vs heart for the main events. All I want it maia and dc but who to pick for reality is much harder!

Edit - goddammit maia, why would I think that?!?

Cracked 3k tonight only 140 behind 2nd now. Guy on top must be a fecking mystic with some of the things they getting right unreal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cracked 3k tonight only 140 behind 2nd now. Guy on top must be a fecking mystic with some of the things they getting right unreal!

Great stuff Jimmii, reeling them in slowly but surely.

Axwell wrote: »
    Great stuff Jimmii, reeling them in slowly but surely.

Was surprised to make up ground during the title fights had assumed pretty much everyone was going to go the same 3.

• Advertisement

Up to third overall now in our league. :)

Was leading the event through the prelims but fell away a fair bit on the main card.

Advertisement