Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

I've just seen that the Tuesday night contender series is up on the pick em list now, does it count towards the scores? Not a fan of that, I've no idea who any of them are!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

amorgan wrote: »
    I've just seen that the Tuesday night contender series is up on the pick em list now, does it count towards the scores? Not a fan of that, I've no idea who any of them are!

Its ridiculous isn't it! I knew there wasn't a ufc event for a while but just logged in to check and like er wtf lads! Lucky I did would have been pretty pissed to miss an event.

Was hoping I might sneak in with a decent score last night but guessing it didn't catch too many out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

It would have caught me out only I seen the thread yesterday had new posts so I said I'd check it out. Must be a new decision they came to seeing as it's the fifth Tuesday it's been on but only the first one we've picked for.

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    It would have caught me out only I seen the thread yesterday had new posts so I said I'd check it out. Must be a new decision they came to seeing as it's the fifth Tuesday it's been on but only the first one we've picked for.

Trying to drum up some interest in it I guess. An email or even a notification from the app would have been nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

jimmii wrote: »
    Trying to drum up some interest in it I guess. An email or even a notification from the app would have been nice!

I got an email about it. Showing new added bouts.

Don't forget to get the picks in for tonight. Nearly slipped my mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Don't forget to get the picks in for tonight. Nearly slipped my mind.

What's tonight? Pickem's next set is Struve/Volkov

What's tonight? Pickem's next set is Struve/Volkov

Jesus apologies. They had picks up for Dana Whites contender series last week and stupidly I posted assuming it would be the same this week without checking. False alarm my mistake.

Heart attacked avoided.

• Advertisement

It definitely was there I remember seeing ep 6 being there when I did my picks for 5. If you go to completed the show from last week isn't even there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

jimmii wrote:
    It definitely was there I remember seeing ep 6 being there when I did my picks for 5. If you go to completed the show from last week isn't even there?

It was definitely there coz I did them in advance last week.

It was definitely there coz I did them in advance last week.

Totally expecting people who did pick to some how get points for it!

I knew I wasn't crazy :). Just assumed it would still be there today. Weird.

I knew I wasn't crazy :). Just assumed it would still be there today. Weird.

Maybe a lot of people missed the last one because they knew there wasn't an official ufc event and they got a load of abuse over it so now they've dumped the idea?

Maybe a lot of people missed the last one because they knew there wasn't an official ufc event and they got a load of abuse over it so now they've dumped the idea?

Possibly. Were points taken away for the last one from our totals or do they stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Possibly. Were points taken away for the last one from our totals or do they stand?

Points were taken away.

good. they should never have just thrown it in mid season, without any warning! glad we can just pretend it didn't happen.

I got 1k from that event would have liked it to stay!

And we're back!

• Advertisement

glad i looked back today at the picks, there have been a good few late changes that needed new picks. where are people lying on the main event? or is it too competitive to talk about? i fancy struve to get dropped.

amorgan wrote: »
    glad i looked back today at the picks, there have been a good few late changes that needed new picks. where are people lying on the main event? or is it too competitive to talk about? i fancy struve to get dropped.

It looks pretty close alright I'm thinking the same as you though.

10/11 and dropped! Fingers crossed for the last one now!

Perfect in the last and don't make it back wow! Only 135 off 2nd though now. Incredibly tight other than the person on top.

Reminder for shev nunes.

Worst card for me so far in a long time. Didn't get to watch the first 5 fights and got most wrong!

Same. 5/11 and no perfect! Still managed to go up a place though lol!

Bunpity bump for Rockhold v Branch.

My second event win! No trophy to be seen, I suppose I'll struggle on.

Heads up for the Friday night event for Japan. Gonna be a tough one to call with a lot of lesser known Asian fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

FN 117 is kicking off Sat at 1AM here...but yup that really means TONIGHT get those picks in.

Advertisement