Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for side gate?

Options
  • 10-01-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

Looking to install a side gate on a house, well it's actually a wall in the garden on an end of terrace house that doesn't have a side passage. Have builder who will do the installation i.e. cut the concrete wall and install the gate. So I'm looking to buy a good secure durable gate including a lock than can be opened from both sides with a key and a bolt on one side too. Wondering about price, where to buy one and any other considerations I may not be aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

South Dublin. Will be at least 6 weeks before we need the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭laurie88

goodwins have them for around 120

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looking to install a side gate on a house, well it's actually a wall in the garden on an end of terrace house that doesn't have a side passage. Have builder who will do the installation i.e. cut the concrete wall and install the gate. So I'm looking to buy a good secure durable gate including a lock than can be opened from both sides with a key and a bolt on one side too. Wondering about price, where to buy one and any other considerations I may not be aware of?

Seen a company on Facebook advertising for €129. Timber and made to fit I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

If you Google "Dublin gates" you will find two companies who can do the job, one in Tallaght, the other in Artane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement