Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.204 zero

Options
  • 10-01-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Just bought a .204 and was wondering what distance people who have them zero them at?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hundred yards dead on. The drop to 200 is small enough to aim off.

Some will say an inch high at 100. This seems to be the "go to" for all calibres but it doesn't work for all calibres.

I prefer to know my drops and then decide whether to zero for 100, between 100 and 200, or for 200. Then i can aim off or dial the scope.

However my opinion would be 100 yard zero then check the drops out to 200. Decide for yourself after that which i best for you. Hold over, scope adjustment, or a zero between 100 & 200.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

looking at the ballistics chart for the hornady 32gr zeroed at 100m the drop is 1.2" at 200 so i would say your right with a 100 yard zero. would like to chrono it and get more accurate drops for my rifle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Go out an dshoot it. Chronographs are useful tools, but tools non the less. They give data with varying degrees of accuracy based on formula, statistics, etc.

Real world result speak volumes. I know long range is not the same as what you want to do, but it's why i got rid of my Chrono. The results, the further out i went, varied more from what a ballistic program told me based on the Chrono readings that i was actually getting. Plus when you have access to a range to test ammo, the Chrono becomes somewhat redundant.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement