Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

embedding photos and GIFs allowed in AH again?

Options
  • 10-01-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭

I can see one or two in AH, and the 'insert image' icon is there in posting tools.

A deliberate change or a mistake?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Deliberate change, the charter has been updated appropriately

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Thanks, yes I see that now.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

A deliberate change; something that's being tried out by the AH Mods. It's on a trial basis, so it'll be interesting to see how AH responds to being trusted with images again :D

Naturally, no NSFW images...and being uncivil in image form will result in the same mod actions as it would if someone wrote it. Also, image only threads will remain/be moved to the Cool Vids & Pics & Links forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Charter update here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭yoppy

It only took ye 5 years of asking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

yoppy wrote: »
    It only took ye 5 years of asking.

Only 5 years? It had been that way for over 10! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Any long cats yet?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm opposed, but we'll see. Maybe people are better than I give them credit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Any chance you could add a max width and height to embedded images? I know it doesn't make a difference to the download, but it'd still be an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Eoin wrote: »
    Any chance you could add a max width and height to embedded images? I know it doesn't make a difference to the download, but it'd still be an improvement.

I don't know if it's possible or if dev have the time but I'll certainly ask. I added a line in the charter to try combat over sized pics but that's unlikely to make much difference. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OldGoat wrote: »
    Any long cats yet?

Where's Overheal when you need him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

An File wrote: »
    Only 5 years? It had been that way for over 10! :D
    I think it was around 2008/2009.

I'm also pretty sure that I'm the one who did it.

I'm not sorry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Are you guys sure you changed it? Cause I don't see any :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Has this been disabled again? No ability to post images in AH for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Winterlong wrote: »
    Has this been disabled again? No ability to post images in AH for me at the moment.

Yeah looks broken. We'll see what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Posters can still use the manual method paste your link to the image between the two image commands - just remove the spaces below

[ I M G ]linky here[ / I M G ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Taltos wrote: »
    Posters can still use the manual method paste your link to the image between the two image commands - just remove the spaces below

[ I M G ]linky here[ / I M G ]

Nope, that is not working either!

damnit__by_insanityisthefuture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Weird I tested it and it worked fine for me. Sorry about this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've tried it, it didn't show up the first time, went back to the thread and it showed up. Went back again and gone back to the link being shown.

Boards.ie Employee

Some work being done behind the scenes here to try and work out a) what happened and b) to fix it

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

This should be back to normal again.

thumb-up-terminator+pablo+M+R.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

biko wrote: »
    I'm opposed, but we'll see. Maybe people are better than I give them credit for.
    Tbh, I will have to say that it is looks like it is working just fine. I thought it's be massive images galore but it seems to be not overused (yet).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

biko wrote: »
    Tbh, I will have to say that it is looks like it is working just fine. I thought it's be massive images galore but it seems to be not overused (yet).

It's barely being used at all imo

Advertisement